-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
PharmCAS 2014-2015 Application Cycle
Started by mbpuffer
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
well, its July 14th now (at least in the East).... I guess they will open it up later today.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just checked too, still not open 🙁
I thought it would be open at 9 but it's not
Has anyone been able to begin the application?
they said on facebook that they will open it up later in the morning or in the afternoon
I got an email and they told me it will open between 12pm-2pm
Well based on the fact that they're an east coast based system, does that mean in less than 2 hours?I got an email and they told me it will open between 12pm-2pm
Well based on the fact that they're an east coast based system, does that mean in less than 2 hours?
I'm on the east coast and it's almost 12 so it could be anytime now
It's up
It kinda sucks they waited this late to open up the system. PharmCAS is going to be flooded with applications, and it will probably take a while for everythning to be processed.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
do you guys know if I can e-submit my application before my letter of recommendations and transcripts are in? (I've already sent all the requests, just haven't received them yet)
Yes you can.
Im a little confused as to how sending in transcripts work. I attended university in ca (primary institution) and CC to do my psyc, soc, econ, public speaking, etc requirement. I'm aware that i have to send in transcripts from both school. What im confused is do we have to print out the transcript request form send it to the school, then have the schools attach the form along with the official transcript? I live far away from my primary institution and cannot bring them the form directly/tell them about the attachment...im afraid the form will get lost along the way and may not be included in my offiical transcript.
any tips will be appreciated!
any tips will be appreciated!
Last edited:
So quick question, basically once we've filled out all of the forms, sent for transcript requests and recommendations, can we e-submit?
I a little confused as to how sending in transcripts work. I attended university in ca (primary institution) and CC to do my psyc, soc, econ, public speaking, etc requirement. I'm aware that i have to send in transcripts from both school. What im confused is do we have to print out the transcript request form send it to the school, then have the schools attach the form along with the official transcript? I live far away from my primary institution and cannot bring them the form directly/tell them about the attachment...im afraid the form will get lost along the way and may not be included in my offiical transcript.
any tips will be appreciated!
Go to your schools website, my CC has a direct contact with PHarmCAS and I didnt have to send the form with, but my primary institution required me to fax them the PharmCAS request
Im a little confused as to how sending in transcripts work. I attended university in ca (primary institution) and CC to do my psyc, soc, econ, public speaking, etc requirement. I'm aware that i have to send in transcripts from both school. What im confused is do we have to print out the transcript request form send it to the school, then have the schools attach the form along with the official transcript? I live far away from my primary institution and cannot bring them the form directly/tell them about the attachment...im afraid the form will get lost along the way and may not be included in my offiical transcript.
any tips will be appreciated!
I would call the univeristy and see how they would handle it. I'm in a similar situation as you. The university I attended and received my BS at is more than 5 hours away. I called them and they said to mail the PharmCAS transcript form to them and they'll mail it out with an official transcript. I stopped by my CC and personally handed them the PharmCAS transcript form and they assured it'll be sent with my official transcript.
So quick question, basically once we've filled out all of the forms, sent for transcript requests and recommendations, can we e-submit?
If you're done completing your application online - inputting grades, personal statement, LOR requests, etc - yes you can e-submit. I'm getting brain farts writing my PS.
Haha okay thank you !
I know it's still really early but has anyone received any notification from schools?
Two quick questions.
1. Do I input my planned courses all the way through summer 2015? (If I need the courses...seems like a yes..)
but that would be after I would have already done my interviews...So exactly how does this work?
2. In Work experience...Should I put all the places I've worked? even if it has NOTHING to do with the medical field? Such as serving at a restaurant.
1. Do I input my planned courses all the way through summer 2015? (If I need the courses...seems like a yes..)
but that would be after I would have already done my interviews...So exactly how does this work?
2. In Work experience...Should I put all the places I've worked? even if it has NOTHING to do with the medical field? Such as serving at a restaurant.
Hi:Two quick questions.
1. Do I input my planned courses all the way through summer 2015? (If I need the courses...seems like a yes..)
but that would be after I would have already done my interviews...So exactly how does this work?
2. In Work experience...Should I put all the places I've worked? even if it has NOTHING to do with the medical field? Such as serving at a restaurant.
Yes, input all of your planned courses through the entire application cycle-you can still (more than likely, if you're qualified) secure an interview with outstanding pre-reqs (I did...I was placed on the alternate list for Mercer, but no spots opened up for Fall 2014, so here I am, applying again!).
I put my work experience into PharmCAS...but I've been working as a chemist during the time since I've graduated from college. I think definitely enter in all work experience-working any job builds responsibility, sense of urgency, time management skills, and communication skills.
Good luck!
🙂1. Yes, you need to put in your planned courses especially if some schools will require them.Two quick questions.
1. Do I input my planned courses all the way through summer 2015? (If I need the courses...seems like a yes..)
but that would be after I would have already done my interviews...So exactly how does this work?
2. In Work experience...Should I put all the places I've worked? even if it has NOTHING to do with the medical field? Such as serving at a restaurant.
2. Yes, even if you worked at a restaurant the admissions will take anything you put down into consideration, so why stop short?
I have a question about the publications section.
I was in yearbook in high school so the pages I created were published. Does this count and should I add it to my application? If so, how?
i wouldnt put anything about high school. everything since freshman in college.