Pharmcas and Work Experience

Started by ramizlol
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ramizlol

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! I am confused on where I should place this "work experience". A close friend, of my family, has helped me pay for my books and classes as my family is not doing good financially. As I have stated in previous threads, I am a dual enrolled student. My HS pays for some of my classes but the ones that they do not cover he helps me pay for it. Not a while ago, he opened a little restaurant. He asked me to help him manage the and get the store on its feet. I helped him cover shifts when he did not have someone come in or what. Also, i helped create his website, advertise, and work in the store. It is almost like a job. The reason why I did this was I was able to pick when I would come in an help. If I had a lot of school work one week then I did not have to show up. This has been going for five months. So, how should I include this in pharmcas? Should I place it in the work experience section? EC? PS? Should even include this? Thank you. I was not paid for coming in and working or anything. That is why I am little confused if I should consider it as a job or not.
 
Hello! I am confused on where I should place this "work experience". A close friend, of my family, has helped me pay for my books and classes as my family is not doing good financially. As I have stated in previous threads, I am a dual enrolled student. My HS pays for some of my classes but the ones that they do not cover he helps me pay for it. Not a while ago, he opened a little restaurant. He asked me to help him manage the and get the store on its feet. I helped him cover shifts when he did not have someone come in or what. Also, i helped create his website, advertise, and work in the store. It is almost like a job. The reason why I did this was I was able to pick when I would come in an help. If I had a lot of school work one week then I did not have to show up. This has been going for five months. So, how should I include this in pharmcas? Should I place it in the work experience section? EC? PS? Should even include this? Thank you. I was not paid for coming in and working or anything. That is why I am little confused if I should consider it as a job or not.

So I guess you have not got a paid job yet. Work experience usually means paid jobs.

I would list NONE under Work Experience and list that activity under extracuriculars (EC).