PharmCAS application process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmacy studen

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have couple of questions about pharmCAS application process and some other school related.
First, how many recommendation letters do we need? so far, I have three (2 from pharmacists and 1 from my science professor).
Second, what would be the best time to submit the application? I am taking my PCAT in September, which i really don't feel ready. I have been studying for it on and off and right now, I am taking 17 credit hours (ALL SCIENCE CLASSES: Microbio, medicinal chm, pharmacology, endocrinology and a&p). I am so stressed right now :confused: Also, I work part time. My gpa is 3.0 right now, and I will have bachelors in bio by dec.

So, my third question is, should I take my PCAT in september, even-though I don't feel ready or should I wait till Jan. (this will be my second time of taking PCAT, on my first time I did really bad!). My final question is that we have to send a official transcript to pharmCAS but since I am taking fall classes, the grades for these classes won't be available until December 20th. so, should I just send a transcript without fall grade and then send another transcript as soon as the grades for the fall semester are available.

Please help!! Thanks in advance for those who read and respond! :love:

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone,

I have couple of questions about pharmCAS application process and some other school related.
First, how many recommendation letters do we need? so far, I have three (2 from pharmacists and 1 from my science professor).
Second, what would be the best time to submit the application? I am taking my PCAT in September, which i really don't feel ready. I have been studying for it on and off and right now, I am taking 17 credit hours (ALL SCIENCE CLASSES: Microbio, medicinal chm, pharmacology, endocrinology and a&p). I am so stressed right now :confused: Also, I work part time. My gpa is 3.0 right now, and I will have bachelors in bio by dec.

So, my third question is, should I take my PCAT in september, even-though I don't feel ready or should I wait till Jan. (this will be my second time of taking PCAT, on my first time I did really bad!). My final question is that we have to send a official transcript to pharmCAS but since I am taking fall classes, the grades for these classes won't be available until December 20th. so, should I just send a transcript without fall grade and then send another transcript as soon as the grades for the fall semester are available.

Please help!! Thanks in advance for those who read and respond! :love:

Hmmmm... It depends, it depends, it depends, and yes respectively.

To clarify a bit - the first three, "it depends" answers are due to the fact that it depends on which schools you are applying to.