PharmCAS application question: Occupation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Girlinthewindow

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am attempting to input my occupation as a Certified Nursing Assistant as an occupation which I have held but I can't find it exactly on the list of occupations on PharmCAS. What would you suggest that I select for that position from the following menu?

Dad8wRE.png
 
I just encountered another issue. I have worked approx 7,000 hours, but the # of hours allowed to be inputted does not exceed 3 digits -- so the max I can put in is 999 hours, which is 6000 shorter than actual. What do I do?
 
I had the same problem with the max hours thing... I just put 999, if anything they will ask you in your interview?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last year I just put the max pharmcas allowed for that section. It wasn't asked about in my interview, and didn't seem to matter. Honestly, I'd think a school would look at the start date and how long you've worked at a job and not the total hours... Especially with that weird pharmcas limit.

Edit: sorry, forgot to answer your original question. I'd just select that "other healthcare profession" option. If anything when you fill out supplemental apps and send in your resume/cv you can specify more on your occupation.
 
I just encountered another issue. I have worked approx 7,000 hours, but the # of hours allowed to be inputted does not exceed 3 digits -- so the max I can put in is 999 hours, which is 6000 shorter than actual. What do I do?
Yes that happened with me, I have 6000+, so I just put 999, i don't think it is an issue. So I work 40+hrs plus a week so I put that and they can see how many years and I am sure figure it is more that 999 🙂