PharmCAS Application to Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Protonix23

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, the main priority of this post is to gauge a time frame of when everyone got their interviews. So I applied for Fall 2019 school year and I wanted to see how long did it take everyone to get their invitation to interview. According to PharmCAS and my school for Early Decision (ED), my application has been verified and received on 8/13/18. I have yet to hear back from the school for an interview so I wanted to gauge how long it took everyone to get their invitation. I know the time is based on your stats, the amount of other applicants, and other criteria.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now as far as the second portion of my post, it's to hopefully help others out with some questions I know I had during my application process. First off, one of the questions I had when applying is whether I should submit my application before receiving my LORs & Transcripts or wait until I receive them. Well I submitted my application before receiving my LORs and transcripts and PharmCAS will verify your applications once everything is received.

Secondly, this is my timeline as when everything was done for my application.
- 7/18/18 - (3) LOR requests sent
- 7/20/18 - (1 of 2) Transcript received
- 7/23/18 - Application submitted
- 7/24/18 - (1 of 3) LOR received
- 8/1/18 - (2 of 2) Transcript received
- 8/2/18 - (2 of 3) LOR received
- 8/3/18 - (3 of 3) LOR received
- 8/10/18 - Coursework verified
- 8/13/18 - ED school emailed me informing me that PharmCAS has verified my transcripts materials and has released my application to the school.
- 8/17/18 - Still anxiously waiting to hear from ED school.
- 8/18/19 - ED school emailed me informing me that they have everything they need to begin reviewing my application.
- 9/5/18 - I received an email to come interview at my ED school!!!! >:D [UPDATE 9/5/18]

Feel free to post what school you applied to, ED or regular, and your statuses! Also, any information on my first question :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi @Protonix23! To answer your first question, the interview process is designated by the specific school(s) you applied to. For example, UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy has interviews scheduled and admissions decisions made between October 2018-February 2019. Early decisions are released on October 19. Be sure to check your particular school page for more information.