PharmCAS Application

Started by s13
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

s13

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anybody know if I am supposed to submit all my supplemental applications and recommendation letters to the schools I am applying to and THEN e-submit my PharmCAS application or can I submit my PharmCAS application first? Please help. Thanks
 
I don't think it matters. Either way works. I submitted my pharmcas first.
 
same question.

I am still waiting for a few of my letters of rec's from my professors who probably had long summers. So I am done with everything on the pharmcas application online. So do I just sbmit that and mail everything else later? Or does it all have to come in one fat package?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
eddie269 said:
same question.

I am still waiting for a few of my letters of rec's from my professors who probably had long summers. So I am done with everything on the pharmcas application online. So do I just sbmit that and mail everything else later? Or does it all have to come in one fat package?

Submit the pharmcas app; they take a while to process your app and calculate GPAs. You can't send everything in one fat package because the LORs go directly to the school, and not to pharmcas.
 
I would e-submit your Pharmcas application so that they can start computing your GPAs. (At least that is what I did) Good Luck!
 
It depends on the school. Since I had to wait until mid-August to e-submit my PharmCAS application, I went ahead and submitted any supplemental materials that were available prior to then. The schools will just create a file for you (call individual schools to be sure). For schools that mailed their supp material after e-submission, I obviously sent those afterward. It is wise to send whatever you can as soon as you are able.
 
As others said, submit your pharmcas app. It takes them a while to process it so its better to do it as soon as possible. Good luck!
 
I highly recommend submitting it early. I waited till 3 days before the deadline in January and was one of the very last people to get interviewed. Most schools will interview on a first come, first serve basis. If they have rolling admissions, then it is possible all the slots will be taken if you wait, even if you are a stellar applicant.
 
yeah, i submitted my pharmacas on the fifteenth of september, and i submitted my transcrips a little before september. They didn't calculate my gpa until a week later. So it's a good idea to submit your transcripts Asap. I'm currently working on my supplemental apps, is everyone doing the same thing?! :scared:
 
yea man, i just submitted my pharmCAS app and they've received my transcripts. i'm working on getting those letters of recommendation out but that's going to take a while. All the schools have different requirements for the letters!
 
Yeah the letters are terrible, they each require essentially the same information, but a few different questions so you can piss your letter writers off by filling out 10. i want to go back to school. the real world is not fun...but i must. 😳 👍