Pharmcas GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

atnguy13

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How does the process of pharmcas GPA calculation work? I calculated my cumulative and science GPA myself and want to make sure its correct, but do I have to fill in each and every school/ 53 classes/139 credits (I've been in school forever!) and send in my transcripts and wait awhile before it gets calculated?

Members don't see this ad.

You need to complete the coursework section of the PharmCAS. This means you have to enter every single class at every single institution AND the grade you earned.
You also need to send your transcripts from each of these institutions. After you complete the application and submit it/ pay the fees they will calculate your gpa's for you. It took them 10-20 days for them to receive my transcripts, and after I submitted my application it took 1 week exactly to get my GPA.

You need to complete the coursework section of the PharmCAS. This means you have to enter every single class at every single institution AND the grade you earned.
You also need to send your transcripts from each of these institutions. After you complete the application and submit it/ pay the fees they will calculate your gpa's for you. It took them 10-20 days for them to receive my transcripts, and after I submitted my application it took 1 week exactly to get my GPA.
Can I send in transcripts before I complete the coursework section to speed up the process?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes I sent my transcript sometime in July, but I didn't start filling out my application until like a month later haha

I've been in school forever too and it took me hours to fill in every single class! Haha. And yes, you don't need to fill it out just yet but you should request transcripts asap because it can take a few days for the school to process and send by mail.

How does the process of pharmcas GPA calculation work? I calculated my cumulative and science GPA myself and want to make sure its correct, but do I have to fill in each and every school/ 53 classes/139 credits (I've been in school forever!) and send in my transcripts and wait awhile before it gets calculated?
Or you can just pay them to do it, if you're lazy like me +pissed+ Make sure to include any failed courses too into your gpa (and average them out accordingly)

Follow up question, do pharmacy schools actually see the score through pharmcas? Cause when I look @ pharmcas, it only shows whether it was TAKEN or PLANNED. :shrug:

Follow up question, do pharmacy schools actually see the score through pharmcas? Cause when I look @ pharmcas, it only shows whether it was TAKEN or PLANNED. :shrug:

When you look at your coursework it only says taken or planned? Mine has my grades & how many credits it is worth.

When you look at your coursework it only says taken or planned? Mine has my grades & how many credits it is worth.
I meant to specify for the PCAT

Was curious if pharm schools actually see the percentile , scores for each section , etc

Or does it just show taken or planned for them, just like it does for us?

Last edited:
@Hohohee1 ohh, they'll see your composite score & your individual scores for each section it just doesn't show on pharmcas for us

Yes I sent my transcript sometime in July, but I didn't start filling out my application until like a month later haha
When I go in my school's homepage to send my transcripts, it asks for Receiver name and state. Did you have to fill this out and what did you put?

I've been in school forever too and it took me hours to fill in every single class! Haha. And yes, you don't need to fill it out just yet but you should request transcripts asap because it can take a few days for the school to process and send by mail.
What do you put for freshman, sophomore, etc area? I went to community college and university, together over four years to really dictate?

Or you can just pay them to do it, if you're lazy like me +pissed+ Make sure to include any failed courses too into your gpa (and average them out accordingly)
I didn't know that you can pay them to do it for you, how much does that cost?