PharmCAS GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aspiringpharmacist19

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i recently submitted my application for pharmacy school, and my overall cumulative gpa is about a 3.2 on my transcript. PharmCAS calculated my science gpa to be a 2.5, but its because they factored in repeated courses that I've failed. Will schools base it off of that GPA, or calculate their own gpa and look at my individual grades and seen I've improved?

Members don't see this ad.

So i recently submitted my application for pharmacy school, and my overall cumulative gpa is about a 3.2 on my transcript. PharmCAS calculated my science gpa to be a 2.5, but its because they factored in repeated courses that I've failed. Will schools base it off of that GPA, or calculate their own gpa and look at my individual grades and seen I've improved?

You'd have to ask the school if they recalculate or not. The school I applied to does not recalculate at all, for any reason. It really depends on the school.

Schools will look at upward trends, but it's important to realize that if a school does not recalculate your GPA they may not even look at your total application/transcript since your sGPA/pre-req GPA may be below their specific cutoff.

It really depends on the school. Some of recalculate it based on your recent 70 units but MOST of the school usually just the GPA calculated by PharmCAS. PharmCAS is not nice about repeated courses because it takes the average of your two grades.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey how did the application process go for you? I'm on the same boat and was looking to apply after this fall semester for fall 2018 (super late) lol but hope you got in somewhere

All you need to get into pharmacy school is a pulse and proof that you qualify for $200k+ in student loans.

Sent from my SM-N910V using SDN mobile

Hey how did the application process go for you? I'm on the same boat and was looking to apply after this fall semester for fall 2018 (super late) lol but hope you got in somewhere
It went well! I did end up emailing the schools and they did say that they recalculate. Other schools don’t. It really depends on the school. I was accepted to Binghamton and touro.

The schools I applied to seem like they don't recalculate. Which honestly sucks. I got a bachelors in biology and had to retake a non-preq class (Senior level Bio class) and it hurt my GPA even though I don't need the class for pharmacy school