-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Pharmcas lagging for anyone else?
Started by thebigbadv
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I know, that's I've been trying to do but the site is so slow it won't even load the personal statement page😡
Try doing it late. It should work beautifully.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's 6:46pm in California and the PharmCAS website still won't load. I've been trying since 8:00am. Does anyone know what the trouble is - too much traffic???
It's 6:46pm in California and the PharmCAS website still won't load. I've been trying since 8:00am. Does anyone know what the trouble is - too much traffic???
I know I haven't been able to log on to my application all day long. I was going to check or rather stalk my reference's status before I remind him again.
yea, I have been trying to sign on all day and it won't even go past the login page. I am hoping it gets better because I am all ready to esubmit and I am just waiting for it to work!!!
good luck guys!
good luck guys!
What if PharmCAS doesn't work tonight or tomorrow and I miss the deadline for 2nd Tier for schools with rolling admissions? Will PharmCAS somehow extend the deadline due to technical difficulties? Please note the I was able to submit the Supplemental Applications on time.
Nopes. I think I will set my alarm for 3am and wake up then to try. Good luck, everyone.
pharmcas hasnt been working all day. something is probably wrong with their servers. since tomorrow (september 1) is labor day, i dont see them fixing the problem till september 2nd. but who knows........
i haven't been able to access the application for over 5 hours!! Is anyone trying to meet the Pacific tier 2 deadline? (which is sept 1)
its up to pacific whether or not they will extend the tier 2 deadline...not up to pharmcas.
Who else is trying to meet the sept. 1 deadline? I am hoping (praying) that pharmcas will extend for ppl that are trying to meet the deadline.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Truthfully, will UOP care? PharmCAS, why must you do this?
i've been trying for the whole goddamn day and this is really pissing me off. we're paying for a service that's not even functioning when we need it most (i am also trying to meet the tier 2 deadline) wtf man
I think I figured out how to work the lagging PharmCAS website. When you click on something, just do it once. It will take up to 5-6 minutes for the page to load but it will load eventually. This is how I've been able to alter my application. Albeit very slowly.
FYI (for the ones that are applying to UOP) the deadline will be sept 2. for supp. appl due to the holiday.
Do you know this for a fact? Can you please paste the link? I believe when PharmCAS deadlines fall on a holiday, applications are due the following business day. But I have not heard the same for UOP deadlines.
this site states that the application must be postmarked by September 1st. maybe uop changed the tier 2 deadline as the result of the holiday?
http://web.pacific.edu/x20992.xml
http://web.pacific.edu/x20992.xml
Do you know this for a fact? Can you please paste the link? I believe when PharmCAS deadlines fall on a holiday, applications are due the following business day. But I have not heard the same for UOP deadlines.
this site states that the application must be postmarked by September 1st. maybe uop changed the tier 2 deadline as the result of the holiday?
http://web.pacific.edu/x20992.xml
Basically, we have no reason to believe that UOP's Tier 2 Deadline is September 2, 2009. It says "September 1, 2009" on their website.
What do you think is the hold up on the PharmCAS website?
this is a better site in regards to the tier deadlines.
http://web.pacific.edu/x23351.xml
i dont know. im guessing theyre just having problems with their servers...maybe all they have to do is restart the things. unfortunately, no one is working today because of labor day.
this is all speculation, hopefully itll be running sometime today.
http://web.pacific.edu/x23351.xml
i dont know. im guessing theyre just having problems with their servers...maybe all they have to do is restart the things. unfortunately, no one is working today because of labor day.
this is all speculation, hopefully itll be running sometime today.
Basically, we have no reason to believe that UOP's Tier 2 Deadline is September 2, 2009. It says "September 1, 2009" on their website.
What do you think is the hold up on the PharmCAS website?
This is what I found on the PharmCAS website:
Q: What is meant by the PharmCAS deadline?
A: The deadline indicates the date your application, transcripts and payment must be received in the PharmCAS office. Check the individual School Pages and at-a-glance tables to learn the deadlines of the colleges and schools to which you plan to apply. Whenever a deadline falls on a weekend or Federal Holiday, the next business day is automatically the deadline. You must submit your application by 11:59pm Eastern Time of the observed deadline date. This is NOT the deadline by which your application file must arrive at your designated schools.
https://portal.pharmcas.org/applicants2008/faq/pcas_deadlines.shtml
What do you think? Does the PharmCAS policy apply to Tier deadlines as well?
Q: What is meant by the PharmCAS deadline?
A: The deadline indicates the date your application, transcripts and payment must be received in the PharmCAS office. Check the individual School Pages and at-a-glance tables to learn the deadlines of the colleges and schools to which you plan to apply. Whenever a deadline falls on a weekend or Federal Holiday, the next business day is automatically the deadline. You must submit your application by 11:59pm Eastern Time of the observed deadline date. This is NOT the deadline by which your application file must arrive at your designated schools.
https://portal.pharmcas.org/applicants2008/faq/pcas_deadlines.shtml
What do you think? Does the PharmCAS policy apply to Tier deadlines as well?
i submitted the supplemental for uop and esubmitted to pharmcas over a week ago but the status is still 'not mailed', so i guess i'm not going to make the tier 2 deadline? uop sent a letter telling me they got the suppl but not the main app.
edit: ah, never mind. i read more closely and it says "we will consider the date your items were received at PharmCAS when determining whether you have met the deadline.." i think that means i got it in on time. and hopefully not missing any items.
edit: ah, never mind. i read more closely and it says "we will consider the date your items were received at PharmCAS when determining whether you have met the deadline.." i think that means i got it in on time. and hopefully not missing any items.
Last edited:
Try doing it late. It should work beautifully.
What do you mean by late? at night? because I tried and even til now it is still down.
Or were you just being sarcastic?!
i haven't been able to access the application for over 5 hours!! Is anyone trying to meet the Pacific tier 2 deadline? (which is sept 1)
yeah, i am trying, but I cant log in. have you been able to?
I spoke to Veronica (UOP admission coordinator) about a week ago regarding the deadline for supp.... It is Sept. 2....
This is what I found on the PharmCAS website:
Q: What is meant by the PharmCAS deadline?
A: The deadline indicates the date your application, transcripts and payment must be received in the PharmCAS office. Check the individual School Pages and at-a-glance tables to learn the deadlines of the colleges and schools to which you plan to apply. Whenever a deadline falls on a weekend or Federal Holiday, the next business day is automatically the deadline. You must submit your application by 11:59pm Eastern Time of the observed deadline date. This is NOT the deadline by which your application file must arrive at your designated schools.
https://portal.pharmcas.org/applicants2008/faq/pcas_deadlines.shtml
What do you think? Does the PharmCAS policy apply to Tier deadlines as well?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I spoke to Veronica (UOP admission coordinator) about a week ago regarding the deadline for supp.... It is Sept. 2....
PharmD323: Is this true? How come you posted previously on this thread (twice) saying that the UOP deadline is September 1, 2009? Why did you not reveal earlier that you spoke to Veronica? I hope you're not trying to sabotage my application. Just joking.
Last edited:
haha...of course not...we are all on the same boat! but earlier i was talking about the pharmcas app. not the supp. I'm not sure if it will be alright if we e-submit our pharmcas tomorrow. We are trying to meet a tier deadline not a application deadline.... I would think that that the two are diff, but im not too sure. Correct me if I'm wrong....
PharmD323: Is this true? How come you posted previously on this thread (twice) saying that the UOP deadline is September 1, 2009? Why did you not reveal earlier that you spoke to Veronica? I hope you're not trying to sabotage my application. Just joking.
This is terrible!!! I have the early decision deadline due Sept. 3rd and Pharmcas has been lagging like crazy. I can't even log in and the one time I did get lucky and log in nothing else would load.
The Pharmcas site says you must ask the school for a 48 hour extension, but not all schools offer it. I am thinking about sending an email out to the ED school I want to apply to and ask for an extension.
Pharmcas is soo stupid 😡
The Pharmcas site says you must ask the school for a 48 hour extension, but not all schools offer it. I am thinking about sending an email out to the ED school I want to apply to and ask for an extension.
Pharmcas is soo stupid 😡
What do you mean by late? at night? because I tried and even til now it is still down.
Or were you just being sarcastic?!
Why in the world would I be sarcastic about something like this ? 😱
I was just trying to give you give some advice that worked for me and help you.
I was able to log in a 5 am a night before. Didn't work last night though. That's all and there are no hidden meanings in this message.
Lol, I thought that it's only happening to me....I was even arguing with my guy why he made the computer so slow...my bad. I guess I should wait then but it's really driving me nuts by just logging in.
Why in the world would I be sarcastic about something like this ? 😱
I was just trying to give you give some advice that worked for me and help you.
I was able to log in a 5 am a night before. Didn't work last night though. That's all and there are no hidden meanings in this message.
Thank you for the advice, I'm glad it worked out for you 🙂.
Sorry, I just thought that what you meant was "that's what you get for applying late " 😀. I'm just so freaked out because I'm trying to meet the september 3 early admission deadline.
Thank you for the advice, I'm glad it worked out for you 🙂.
Sorry, I just thought that what you meant was "that's what you get for applying late " 😀. I'm just so freaked out because I'm trying to meet the september 3 early admission deadline.
I sincerely hope everything works out for you and you are able to meet the deadline. I can only imagine how incredibly stressed you are right now ! I wish a ton of luck !

I sincerely hope everything works out for you and you are able to meet the deadline. I can only imagine how incredibly stressed you are right now ! I wish a ton of luck !![]()
Thank you I really appreciate it!
So was anyone able to login to pharmcas?
I have tried a dozen times today to try to log in and failed every time.
I am going to call pharmcas ASAP tomorrow morning and see what they say. It would not surprise me for them to just say "sorry but you should not have waited until the last minute to apply" hahaha and laugh their way to the bank.
I am going to call pharmcas ASAP tomorrow morning and see what they say. It would not surprise me for them to just say "sorry but you should not have waited until the last minute to apply" hahaha and laugh their way to the bank.
I was able to log in this morning around 12am, but it was sluggish. Now when I try it, the website doesn't even load. This is probably the period where everyone starts submitting appls. I'm afraid i won't make it to Tier 2. Does anyone know if USC follows this Tier system too?
Good luck to everyone!
Good luck to everyone!
I was trying to go onto PharmCAS just now and the log one screen won't even load.
I was able to log in this morning around 12am, but it was sluggish. Now when I try it, the website doesn't even load. This is probably the period where everyone starts submitting appls. I'm afraid i won't make it to Tier 2. Does anyone know if USC follows this Tier system too?
Good luck to everyone!
USC doesn't use the tier system like UOP does, but they recommend us applicants to submit as early as possible since they have rolling admission.
this sucks. my pharmacist is trying to submit a letter as we speak. he says it takes 10 mins after every click. i hope he submits by 9pm.
I still have a science professor to submit a letter around this time too. I gave him a deadline by the end of this week, so I figured he'd be working on it this weekend because of the holiday. Ay caramba!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I still have a science professor to submit a letter around this time too. I gave him a deadline by the end of this week, so I figured he'd be working on it this weekend because of the holiday. Ay caramba!
How many letters are you submitting ? Joel at UCSF said it is really good to take advantage of the opportunity and submitt 4 to them, since they allow up to 4, when I went to the supplemental workshop.

How many letters are you submitting ? Joel at UCSF said it is really good to take advantage of the opportunity and submitt 4 to them, since they allow up to 4, when I went to the supplemental workshop.![]()
how would utilizing the max 4 letters be an advantage? most schools take only 2 or 3 right?
how would utilizing the max 4 letters be an advantage? most schools take only 2 or 3 right?
Because it provides them with the opportunity to better see different sides of your character since different people may write about different traits of your character and their distinct experiences with you and also because it allows them to construct a fuller picture of you as an applicant.
Most schools require 2-3 but UCSF has their own way of doing things, just look at their supplemental.

How many letters are you submitting ? Joel at UCSF said it is really good to take advantage of the opportunity and submitt 4 to them, since they allow up to 4, when I went to the supplemental workshop.![]()
Yes, I'm submitting 4 to them. I had already gotten 3 submitted through PharmCAS already, but only need the science professor one to complete everything. The more letters, the merrier! 😉
Similar threads
H
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 794
H