PharmCAS Mailing Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PharmLife4Me

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello!
I am applying for Early Decision and have already finished my PharmCAS application and e-submitted it. When I talked to the lady at PharmCAS, she said that the mailing cycle for both regular admission and early decision starts in August and this is when they will mail them to the designated pharmacy schools. My question is, my pharmacy school said that they will not have access to the application until July.... What exactly does this mean? Will they be able to look at what I have submitted and offer an interview if they find me competitive? I guess I really don't understand the difference between them being able to look at them once e-submitted and when PharmCAS mails them out. Can anyone clear this up for me? Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, why would they say they can't access it until July? Would that just be their date they set and or preference to start looking at them?

I would think that would be the case, as they are more concerned with finalizing the roster of the incoming class (ie last second drops, notifying waitlisted students) and not yet worried about the next cycle.