PharmCAS Personal Statement for Reapplicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmerboi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am a reapplicant for the upcoming cycle. I am wondering will it be okay for me to use the same personal statement with some additional editing. I know that this won't be considered as plagiarism because it's essentially my own work. However, I heard people say that it's better to re-write the PS from scratch to some how you have changed and improved. Even though I agree to this, I see that my motivations and goals for pursuing pharmacy are the same and I am happy with my previous PS that I spent months doing. Any reapplicants here? What do/did you do about this? HELP!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not a reapplicant, but if I was to be I would use the same but add a paragraph stating how I have improved or grown since the last.

I agree. No need to rewrite it, but maybe add what you have been up to this past year.

Best of luck to you! It will work out.

Members don't see this ad :)
All good suggestions.

Your primary task, however, is to redefine yourself. You have to discuss how you have not simply grown from another year of life experience, but specifically how everything you have chosen to pursue over the past year makes you a far superior applicant than your former self one year ago.

I would recommend all of your essay so that it is a fresh, new you. Focus on how you improved:
-improved grades? / PCAT?
-more volunteer work? shadowing?
-what did you do during that year off?

I think it's safer to go with a brand new essay. I had to reapply and got in the second time.