PharmCAS Personal Statement question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nostalgiaultra

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I couldn't find a thread about personal statements in the pharmacy forum so I had a question regarding it. I've got a structure for my statement set up as follows:
Paragraph 1: Why Pharmacy?
Paragraph 2: How will my work experience play a role in my goal to be a pharmacist?
Paragraph 3: ?
I don't know what to put in my last paragraph. And also, I have failed a couple classes so I'm not sure where I would incorporate that into my statement to explain that my GPA is not a good representation of my work ethic and that I would be able to handle the pharmacy curriculum. I'm looking to have it finished in the next two weeks or so.

EDIT: By failed a couple classes I mean I got kicked off financial aid because I got below a 2.0 one semester.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
paragraph 3 u can elaborate how is your future long term professional goal relate to pharmacy ?

Hey guys I couldn't find a thread about personal statements in the pharmacy forum so I had a question regarding it. I've got a structure for my statement set up as follows:
Paragraph 2: How will my work experience play a role in my goal to be a pharmacist?
I don't know what to put in my last paragraph. And also, I have failed a couple classes so I'm not sure where I would incorporate that into my statement to explain that my GPA is not a good representation of my work ethic and that I would be able to handle the pharmacy curriculum. I'm looking to have it finished in the next two weeks or so.

EDIT: By failed a couple classes I mean I got kicked off financial aid because I got below a 2.0 one semester.

Based on what school(s) you're applying to you may be able to address the failed classes in their own essay. You could also try to squeeze in a brief explanation in the set up you have outlined, but it would depend on what else you have written.

Exiangwsu has a good suggestion though that will fit nicely with your previous two paragraphs idea.

Members don't see this ad :)

You can just have a small blurb about your challenges in school but I would refrain from focusing on the fact that you failed your classes. Turn it into a positive note, maybe if you were working while going to school discuss how you are able to manage multiple priorities.

Reactions: 1 user
You can just have a small blurb about your challenges in school but I would refrain from focusing on the fact that you failed your classes. Turn it into a positive note, maybe if you were working while going to school discuss how you are able to manage multiple priorities.

Agreed. Definitely explain what you learned from the experience and how you turned things around.