pharmcas personal statement

Started by jreyes
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jreyes

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The Pharmcas personal statement for UCSF asks why I would like to be a pharmacist. Would it be dumb to start off by discussing a death that happened in my family because the right medications were not provided? 🙄
 
it wouldn't be "dumb" to mention that, but i wouldn't start off you're personal statement with that. I would mention it later on after you've given more information about yourself.
 
s13 said:
it wouldn't be "dumb" to mention that, but i wouldn't start off you're personal statement with that. I would mention it later on after you've given more information about yourself.

I think it just depends on how it is written. Personally, I think if written properly, that could be an interesting 'catch' to grab the readers attention. You don't want to start off reciting your resume. Make it fun, interesting, creative, and most of all "personal".