PharmCas Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DallasCowboy1989

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

Wanted to run this by anybody who may be able to answer me. I submitted my sup app and PharmCas app last Tuesday. It went into "complete" status I believe Wednesday then just back to "Verified" status Thursday and has been there ever since. I know PharmCas says in order for your app to begin to be considered, it must be in "complete" status. My LORs say complete but my transcripts just say "verified" but I got a notification that all my coursework has been verified. PharmCas is not responding to me. Anybody know what I need to do to get my app status from "verified" to "complete"? I am trying to be considered for early decision and PharmCas' lack of response time is beginning to frustrate me. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

The status of Verified is what you want. A complete application means you turned everything in but it hasn't been verified (ex: your transcripts).
Once your application is verified and the school received all the required materials (LORs, Supplementals), then they would put your entire file "under review". You're on the right track so don't stress too much, I hope this helps

The status of Verified is what you want. A complete application means you turned everything in but it hasn't been verified (ex: your transcripts).
Once your application is verified and the school received all the required materials (LORs, Supplementals), then they would put your entire file "under review". You're on the right track so don't stress too much, I hope this helps

Do you know if it shows up on pharmCAS as 'under review'?

Members don't see this ad :)
do you know if it shows up on pharmCAS as 'under review'?

From what I understand while talking to the director of my school, once the school receive all the required materials, they will send you an email saying that your app is under review. So this shouldn't show on pharmcas. Once pharmcas apps are sent and verified, it's done.

I sent in my supplemental mid week last week and still haven't received that email. So... I'm waiting anxiously as well :(

From what I understand while talking to the director of my school, once the school receive all the required materials, they will send you an email saying that your app is under review. So this shouldn't show on pharmcas. Once pharmcas apps are sent and verified, it's done.

I sent in my supplemental mid week last week and still haven't received that email. So... I'm waiting anxiously as well :(

Oh ok. I see. I'm a little confused since the school I applied to for early decision said that the supplemental app is now built into pharmCAS. The school had me submit an additional essay, answer some questions, and upload a resume onto pharmCAS. I did that and submit it two weeks ago and my transcripts were verified a week ago. 2/3 of my evaluations have been submit as well (my school only requires two), but I haven't received any notification from them saying they received my application and my application status is still 'Verified'.

I sent admissions an email double checking that there's nothing else they need from me, but I'm pretty anxious now and worried that I maybe forgot to send something. I'm also a little worried because I have sent them SO many emails. It's probably super irritating for them..

Hopefully our schools are just backed up and haven't started sorting through materials yet.

Last edited:
Oh ok. I see. I'm a little confused since the school I applied to for early decision said that the supplemental app is now built into pharmCAS. The school had me submit an additional essay, answer some questions, and upload a resume onto pharmCAS. I did that and submit it two weeks ago and my transcripts were verified a week ago.
Hopefully our schools are just backed up and haven't started sorting through materials yet.

I wasn't aware that some schools can integrate the supplemental app into Pharmcas, that is interesting. For my school, I had to do a separate app on another website, which was made by the school program. I know early decision deadline is coming soon, so I would definitely call up the director to make sure if you don't hear back from them via email, which I did and she answered the phone very openly.
Let's hope that we get our files reviewed soon because I'm dying to get the interview invitation.

I wasn't aware that some schools can integrate the supplemental app into Pharmcas, that is interesting. For my school, I had to do a separate app on another website, which was made by the school program. I know early decision deadline is coming soon, so I would definitely call up the director to make sure if you don't hear back from them via email, which I did and she answered the phone very openly.
Let's hope that we get our files reviewed soon because I'm dying to get the interview invitation.

I heard back from my school today. They aren't going to start reviewing applications until early September after the deadline, probably so they can see all the ED applicant stats before choosing who to interview. That might also be the case with your school.

Reactions: 1 user
Question please! When I submit applications through this new portal, it does not give me an option for "early decision" like the old website did. How do you apply under early decision?
Thanks!

Question please! When I submit applications through this new portal, it does not give me an option for "early decision" like the old website did. How do you apply under early decision?
Thanks!

Under the "Add" tab you have to select the early decision option and then search the school and click the "apply early decision" button. Until you actually submit your application, you should be able to switch between regular or early under that tab anytime before the ED deadline. then, when you go to the "Submit" tab it'll submit your application to whichever school you selected.

I don't remember the exact steps now because I already submit my application, but I hope that helped.

Was this for the current 2018-2019 enrollment with the new pharmcas? I actually dont have the early decision option under the new tab.

Was this for the current 2018-2019 enrollment with the new pharmcas? I actually dont have the early decision option under the new tab.
Same. I submitted my application and all transcripts were received by Sep 3 but I never found an "early decision" button so I'm not sure if I'll even be considered as an early decision applicant even though I did everything required to be one.

Reactions: 1 user

Yes, this was for 2018-2019 enrollment. Not that it's much help now, but that's how it looked. Since my app was processed as ED it has the ED verdict date.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-07 at 8.16.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-07 at 8.16.30 PM.png
    100.4 KB · Views: 84
  • Screen Shot 2017-09-07 at 8.17.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-07 at 8.17.01 PM.png
    82.3 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Same. I submitted my application and all transcripts were received by Sep 3 but I never found an "early decision" button so I'm not sure if I'll even be considered as an early decision applicant even though I did everything required to be one.
Apparently, pharmcas claimed I "overlooked it". They are wrong. It was never an option on my application.