Pharmcas question

Started by goheel
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

goheel

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why does pharmcas only calculate your GPA after you submit your fee? I assume that you pay your fee when you submit the application, so pharmcas only calculate your gpa after you're done with the application?
 
YEp!! They'll take like 3 months to send them back too!Well, maybe not that long. BUt it does take a while..
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yea, that's what I'm expecting too, since my school uses the A+ scale, and pharmcas doesn't.
 
Yea, I assume they calc after you pay bc they have to factor in all your courses. Mine was also greater than what I grad with, so I was very happy about this!
U of A was even higher when they calc mine (but they are not in pharmCAs, I believe)
 
Probably because it requires a person to enter the transcript info into the Pharmcas system and that means money lost if someone decides to start an app but never finish it.
 
ApothRM said:
YEp!! They'll take like 3 months to send them back too!Well, maybe not that long. BUt it does take a while..

3 months to send your application back to the school?