Pharmcas Reapplicant Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

friies

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I had a question about what person Pharmcas and pharmacy programs would consider areapplicant. I created an application, submitted my transcripts, and e-submitted it in October, but due to personal reasons I had to withdraw my application. My GPAs were never verified, so I think Pharmcas didn't mail my application to the schools that I designated. I had asked during the time of my withdrawal if I would be a new applicant next year and Pharmcas said yes and that my application would not carry over. However, I heard that the programs can see your application once you e-submit. Next year when the supplementals ask if I have applied through Pharmcas before, would I answer yes or no? I am confused since I did e-submit it, but it was not mailed. Would the programs also have access to my old application that I never completed and would they cross reference it with my new application next year? I have also emailed Pharmcas, but I have not heard back from them yet since they are very busy. If anyone has any information, it would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I think they do have reference if you submitted. However, If you began to fill out an application last year but never submitted it, PharmCAS can NOT carry over any information that was not submitted last cycle. You will have to create a new account and resubmit all information. in you case, you withdraw the application, so mostly likely you can use the old data.

To clarify, Pharmcas says I am not a reapplicant, but will a pharmacy program consider me a reapplicant? I was also confused about what Pharmcas means by submitting it to a school. Does Pharmcas consider an application submitted to a school only after they have verified it and processed/mailed it to the school?

If pharmcas does not consider, then likely the school have not received ur application, so you will not consider reapplicant. Yea only when application verified, school will receive it