PharmCas Submitting

Started by Farcus
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Farcus

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I did a search and didn't come up with anything too conclusive. I was wondering if its ok to esubmit the PharmCas Application immediately after all the transcript is received, or do I have to wait until they actually calculated my grades to esubmit. Also It seems that you can esubmit without all of your LoR right? How will this effect one's standing though? Is your file all submitted and looked at by the school or is it just send to school but the schools wouldn't actually look at it since you don't have your all of your LoR?
 
Farcus, you may e-submit whenever you are ready. As long as you have paid the application fee, completed your application, and sent your transcripts to PharmCAS, your GPA will be calculated. Your LORs do not have to be marked as complete in order for you to e-submit. PharmCAS will begin to send out your completed LORs along with your application to your designated schools sometime in August. Schools will make a decision on your application once all materials including supplemental (if school requires) material have been received.
 
thanks for the great info, so let me recap what you typed. EVEN THOUGH i can esubmit without all the LoR, it wouldn't really matter since the schools wouldn't actually look at my files until the LoR is in? However, the good side is after I submit it and it is send to the schools I can technically "be the first". Or am I missing something here? or is there really no difference between submitting it everything at one time or without the LoR?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Correct 👍. Do not wait for the references to be complete just make sure they are listed on your PharmCAS application before e-submitting.
 
If I put my references down in the PharmCas, can I come back and add more or make changes or I'm stuck with what I have once I e-submit?

Thanks for your help.
 
i also have a few questions..

can you submit your pharmcas application to certain schools only? or does your esubmit send ur application out to all of the schools? and i was also wondering if you can send out your application wihtout having written the pcat and thus not recieved your pcat scores yet. im writing in august, but would like to get my application in to mcphs boston earlier due to rolling admisisons (as they dont require teh pcat)

thanks so much!
 
i also have a few questions..

can you submit your pharmcas application to certain schools only? or does your esubmit send ur application out to all of the schools? and i was also wondering if you can send out your application wihtout having written the pcat and thus not recieved your pcat scores yet. im writing in august, but would like to get my application in to mcphs boston earlier due to rolling admisisons (as they dont require teh pcat)

thanks so much!

When you submit on PharmCAS, provided you have paid all the fees associated with your school designations, your application will be forwarded to ALL schools you have designated. Now, this doesn't mean all schools will even look at them yet, but rolling admissions committees likely are currently reviewing.

With the PCAT testing issue, just indicate in PharmCAS that you are taking the PCAT in August and submit. When PharmCAS receives your scores, they will notify your schools.

Bottom line, submit once you are done... and DO IT EARLY. That little piece of advice worked for me!