YourMD

7+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2011
Status
Medical Student
Just wanted to share the exciting news that my pharmcas application is officially verified. I'm excited and can't wait for the application to be officially mailed out to my schools. I am disappointed that according to pharmcas my gpa was .3 / three tenths lower than my university calculation. :-( . Does anyone know when the next mailing date is? and do pharm schools recalculate our gpa's based on their pre-req's?

Amicable Angora

Lagomorpha
5+ Year Member
Oct 5, 2012
Status
Pharmacist
Just wanted to share the exciting news that my pharmcas application is officially verified. I'm excited and can't wait for the application to be officially mailed out to my schools. I am disappointed that according to pharmcas my gpa was .3 / three tenths lower than my university calculation. :-( . Does anyone know when the next mailing date is? and do pharm schools recalculate our gpa's based on their pre-req's?
Usually your stuff is mailed out every 2 or 3 weeks.

Nov 12, 2013
Southfield, MI
Status
Pharmacy Student
How long did it take to get verified?

blueheron

Chemist
Sep 4, 2013
Knoxville
Status
Pharmacy Student
The schools can see your application as soon as it was e-submitted. For example, I got an interview offer the next day. They assume the info is correct, and if not when it is verified, they can take action from there.

OP
YourMD

YourMD

7+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2011
Status
Medical Student
The schools can see your application as soon as it was e-submitted. For example, I got an interview offer the next day. They assume the info is correct, and if not when it is verified, they can take action from there.[/quote

This is great news. I wasn't aware they could already view my app. Thanks!! If I designate additional schools does it work the same way?

nyc76

7+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2010
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Congrats!

I also just got it verified. It took mine about 2 -3 weeks though. Either way I already got an email to submit the supplemental app from my top choice so I'm doing that today.

Good luck!

AlPacino

5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2012
Status
Pharmacist
Congratulations! Mine was mailed out within the week.

blueheron

Chemist
Sep 4, 2013
Knoxville
Status
Pharmacy Student
I only applied to one school, so I don't know. But I would assume it would be the same. They are notified that they have a pending application and can view grades, PCAT, LORs, personal statements etc. I got worried when I got the interview invite before my GPA was calculated/verified, so I called PharmCAS and they explained the process. The day after I e-submitted I got an email that said the application was received, and also the one for the interview. They both had the same time stamp, so I assume the schools can also filter them for numbers from your PCAT and grades.