PharmD Educator VS Nurse Educator

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SashaBreal

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am very interested in teaching dosage calculations and pharmacology. I am wondering if I should go through with being a Pharmacist or would a Nurse Educator be a better path. I have actually been to school before to become an lpn but was unable to finish because my husband is military we had to move. I enjoyed the hands on stuff but things like fundamentals of nursing were not my cup of tea. So I wanted to ask you all that have worked in these careers: What are the differences? Will I have a lesser chance of teaching the subjects I want as a Nurse Educator? Does teaching with a PharmD limit you? Being a PharmD will I get a choice to work at a university instead of vocational schools and community colleges? Pros and cons of each? Thanx🙂
 
I am very interested in teaching dosage calculations and pharmacology. I am wondering if I should go through with being a Pharmacist or would a Nurse Educator be a better path. I have actually been to school before to become an lpn but was unable to finish because my husband is military we had to move. I enjoyed the hands on stuff but things like fundamentals of nursing were not my cup of tea. So I wanted to ask you all that have worked in these careers: What are the differences? Will I have a lesser chance of teaching the subjects I want as a Nurse Educator? Does teaching with a PharmD limit you? Being a PharmD will I get a choice to work at a university instead of vocational schools and community colleges? Pros and cons of each? Thanx🙂

One of my Therapeutics professors also educates nurses at Adelphi University.