PharmD= High Paying Master Degree

Started by Fatpharm
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

As long as the majority of pharm.D degrees are 2+4, it's not too far of the mark.

What's in a title anyway? Most engineers are B.S, but that doesn't hurt their pay or social standing. Is a better paid Mr not as good as a poorly paid Dr? 😉

Agreed, but that article is a joke anyways. I particularly like the Masters degree in physics earning six figures.:laugh:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As long as the majority of pharm.D degrees are 2+4, it's not too far of the mark.
But I thought nowadays most schools require a bachelor degree OR give applicants with a bachelor an advantage, no? I think in the future most will move towards requiring a bachelor anyways. Even at UB they're moving towards having a 3-year early assurance program rather than the 2-year early assurance program... The 2-year option is availale but it's almost impossible to do with the new pre-reqs added. But with 3 year might as well complete a bachelor haha.
 
As long as the majority of pharm.D degrees are 2+4, it's not too far of the mark.

What's in a title anyway? Most engineers are B.S, but that doesn't hurt their pay or social standing. Is a better paid Mr not as good as a poorly paid Dr? 😉

Since there are 6 year programs for most other professional doctorates including MD, and it takes four years if you already have a degree, the Pharm.D. is a professional doctorate. Since it is required to fill a certain job in corporate settings, it's treated like a master's degree. They aren't saying anything about the degree's status or legitimacy.

You're right about engineering though. It's usually the least pretentious of the skilled fields except for all of the jerks that try to outlaw software engineers and biomedical engineers from using the "engineer" title. Honestly, I aced the EIT exam and I don't think you should even need a degree to get PE certification if you can pass the exams. The academicians are setting up a guild. Still, most people in the field just care about what you know and what you can do, which is why they have an "industrial exemption".
 
you can definitely earn six figures with a masters in physics if you enter any finance related position (quantitative analysis)
 
There are some medical and dental programs that are 3 yrs too.

True, but aren't those usually year around to make up for the missing year? I'm no expert on law curriculums, but I understand they have the summers off.

I guess what I'm getting at is the number of credit hours required for the degree is different. For example my program requires ~170 semester hours to graduate with a Pharm.D. and it's the same for MD/DO, whereas only ~85-90 are required for law, roughly half.
 
Stupid article.
1/ PharmD =/= Master's.
2/ PharmD curriculum is more difficult than a Master's.