PharmD/MBA

Started by Pharm56
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Pharm56

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is the dual degree worth the time and money? I am considering it and was hoping to get some feedback.
 
I did the joint degree and have always received an interview at every retail chain I've applied, which is four. The retail stores want someone with business sense.

A lot of my fellow students can't even get interviews or call backs. If you want to work retail, I would say definitely get the MBA given the upcoming market.

That being said, the degree is very helpful from a hospital management position coupled with a PGY1.

The joint degree is becoming more common but not nearly a dime a dozen. Best guess would be maybe <10% of all graduates receive the dual degrees. It differentiates you somewhat from the pack.

If it's cheap and the scheduling is doable, I say do it especially if your school has a good program.

I have no regrets.
 
The last part is something I'm not completely sure about, whether my school has a good program. I will be attending University of Southern Nevada (USN). Do you know anything about their specific MBA program?