PharmD or Pharm.D or PharmD. ???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinkyrx

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the proper way to list a PharmD degree on paper? Is there a period in there somewhere? :laugh: I've seen it written many different ways.

Members don't see this ad.

What is the proper way to list a PharmD degree on paper? Is there a period in there somewhere? :laugh: I've seen it written many different ways.

I have seen both PharmD and Pharm.D. used. ACPE website has PharmD, and since they created the moniker anyways, I would go with that. That's also what most people's business cards say. I automatically write and type Pharm.D. most of the time, though (because that's what my school used). And if 2 million lemmings cannot be wrong, Google gives 438,000 hits for Pharm.D. and only 173,000 for PharmD :D

Personally, I think [SIZE=-1]Doctor of Pharmacy sounds more professional. [/SIZE]

Members don't see this ad :)
Google gives 438,000 hits for Pharm.D. and only 173,000 for PharmD :D

Oh man, my brother does the exact same thing to find out which way the masses go, choice A or B. Funny I should read this since we just came from visiting his family a couple hours ago.

I have seen both PharmD and Pharm.D. used. ACPE website has PharmD, and since they created the moniker anyways, I would go with that. That's also what most people's business cards say. I automatically write and type Pharm.D. most of the time, though (because that's what my school used). And if 2 million lemmings cannot be wrong, Google gives 438,000 hits for Pharm.D. and only 173,000 for PharmD :D
That's funny! I never even thought about checking google to see what the majority does. :lol: I think my school generally uses PharmD without the period.

Personally, I think [SIZE=-1]Doctor of Pharmacy sounds more professional. [/SIZE]
I hadn't thought about writing it out like this. That does seem to look a bit better on paper.

It's weird though, because ACCP uses Pharm.D. Maybe that's why that form is more popular?

I've always seen it written as PharmD