PharmD pre requisites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Intl student

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an international student planning to apply for a PharmD program.
I would like to know, how long does it take to finish the pre requisites as fast as i can?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Start to finish I had my pre reqs done after two years of school, but I hear a lot of people go 3 before they finish the pre reqs for Pharmacy, and even then a number of Pharmacy schools prefer a bachelors degree upon admission, but not all.

I already hold a BS of pharmaceutical sciences from outside the US.
I applied for MCPHS Fall 2016. But i heared from some people that i can finish the pre requisites in 1 year!

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh my bad. If you already have a bachelors degree I'm sure you have most of the pre reqs done already. At that point I bet one year would be fine to finish off the few classes that didn't overlap . I thought you were just starting college.

it depends on how many of your credits can be applied to the prereqs.
this is from a quick google search for U of OK but i imagine most schools will do the same thing.

"For entry into Fall 2016, if you have coursework from a foreign college or university, you must have a World Education Services (www.wes.org) course-by-course evaluation completed. OUHSC ONLY accepts WES evaluations. We may be able to use some of your credits on the WES evaluation to meet pre-requisite course requirements. However, ALL applicants must complete the six hours of English requirement at a U.S. college or university. OUCOP reserves the right to accept or reject any foreign coursework as acceptable to meet coursework requirements. Questions regarding acceptable coursework may be directed to the Director of Recruitment and Admissions AFTER a WES evaluation is obtained. The WES evaluation has the same application deadline as all other transcript deadlines so it is recommended that students contact WES far in advance of the deadline to ensure completion. If WES refuses to complete a course-by-course evaluation of a student's foreign coursework, then OUCOP will not consider that coursework to satisfy requirements.Beginning in Fall 2017, OUCOP will no longer accept or use foreign coursework in application evaluation. All pre-requisites will have to be completed at a regionally accredited college or university (effective for entry into Fall 2017)."