PharmD Program Scholarships

Started by locar22
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

locar22

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I am wondering about scholarship availability to students who are currently applying to pharmacy schools. Are there any scholarships that students can apply to before they enroll in a particular pharmacy program? Or, any scholarships not specifically for pharmacy students, but for students in general that I can apply to now?

The specific schools I am applying to are: University of Saint Joseph, Long Island University, Fairleigh Dickinson University, Touro College, and Rutgers.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey locar22,

Believe it or not, if you are a really good student as a whole, pharmacy schools will offer you scholarships (sometimes without even applying for them).

I received 2 of them from University of Minnesota. So, my advice would be to be an awesome student all around.. with competitive GPA, great work experience, good PCAT score, great essays and interview etc. and everything else will fall into place. Other than that, keep looking for other options that those schools (which you are applying to specifically) offer in terms of scholarships available to apply for.
 
Hi!
I am also looking into scholarships. Can you please let me know how much the scholarships you received were for? Thank you!