PharmD to MD advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drugznbugz

Reaction score
Hello all! I am currently a P4 set to graduate in May. A voice in my head's been pushing me to pursue the physician route for a few years and once I worked with physicians during rotations, I knew I couldn't ignore it any longer. I was wondering what my odds were with these stats:

Undergrad:
sGPA: 3.25
cGPA: 3.55

PharmD GPA: 3.67

I believe I'm pretty set on the extracurriculars/comm service. I'm 2020 class representative with plenty of professional presentations, research experience, and clinical experience. I founded a basketball league in my city (not sure if that counts for anything) and received a few scholarships for community service during my time in pharm school, and one I received for interest in pursuing an unconventional path after pharmacy school (medical school, of course). I've worked in a hospital as a pharmacy intern for 3 years as well.

I have yet to take physics I and II, and still need to take the MCAT. Do I have a shot at MD with the low sGPA? I'm assuming my chances would rely heavily upon my MCAT score, so what kind of score should I be aiming for to have a shot?

Best,

drugznbugz

Members don't see this ad.

To be safe for MD, I'd say you would want to shoot for a 515+ on the MCAT. With a 3.25 sGPA, MD will be difficult, but not impossible. Your PharmD will help as well.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

I need advice my pharmacy school GPA is 3.2 would it be possible to get in MD/DO program?