Pharmedium

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

angryrx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone elaborate on what happened with the CA Board? This is going to be a huge problem statewide since Pharmedium basically swallowed up Ameridose when it was shut down.

Thanks,

-----Original Message-----
From: General Board of Pharmacy Subscriber List [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of California State Board of Pharmacy
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2018 1:34 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Order to Cease and Desist Issued to Pharmedium Services LLC

The Board of Pharmacy has issued an Order to Cease and Desist effective February 27, 2018, to Pharmedium Services LLC, 12620 W Airport Blvd, Ste 130, Sugarland, TX 77478.

Pharmedium Services LLC shall immediately cease and desist from compounding sterile drug preparations.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this email list please click on the link below and follow the instructions on the web page.

Board of Pharmacy Email Registration - California State Board of Pharmacy

Members don't see this ad.

Can anyone elaborate on what happened with the CA Board? This is going to be a huge problem statewide since Pharmedium basically swallowed up Ameridose when it was shut down.

Thanks,

-----Original Message-----
From: General Board of Pharmacy Subscriber List [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of California State Board of Pharmacy
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2018 1:34 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Order to Cease and Desist Issued to Pharmedium Services LLC

The Board of Pharmacy has issued an Order to Cease and Desist effective February 27, 2018, to Pharmedium Services LLC, 12620 W Airport Blvd, Ste 130, Sugarland, TX 77478.

Pharmedium Services LLC shall immediately cease and desist from compounding sterile drug preparations.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this email list please click on the link below and follow the instructions on the web page.

Board of Pharmacy Email Registration - California State Board of Pharmacy
Why does the Californian state board of pharmacy think it can command a TX pharmacy to do anything?
Did they not collaborate with TSBP?

What a very bizarre situation.

The direct order with their reasoning: http://www.pharmacy.ca.gov/enforcement/ipo/ac176399

I know we get a lot of products from them, such as succinylcholine syringes that Anesthesia uses. We used to get our epidurals from them until very recently... perhaps related.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Why would the CABOP need to speak to the TSBP to order an outsourcing facility to no longer sell their faulty products to CA?

Are you asking me why a regulatory agency that believes a facility is putting the general public at risk would need to alert other regulatory agencies with direct jurisdiction and authority to revoke the license of that facility and close the doors?

Did I read your question wrong, or was my original point just really nebulous?

Are you asking me why a regulatory agency that believes a facility is putting the general public at risk would need to alert other regulatory agencies with direct jurisdiction and authority to revoke the license of that facility and close the doors?

Did I read your question wrong, or was my original point just really nebulous?

(Preface to the below: I don't know the answers)

Do state boards collaborate together against a harm to their collective resident's public? Are the violations that Pharmedium was cited for by CABOP equal violations under the TSBP that would warrant a cease and desist?

In the most literal interpretation why should the CABOP care about the health and safety of TX residents when it's purpose is to serve CA residents?

Not disagreeing with your sentiment, just my musings a armchair lawyer...