PHD after becoming a pharmacist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmkelly

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone doing this in this forum?I am considering applying for PHD after my NAPLEX/LAW test next year.Any suggestion would be appreciated.
Besides, I had a couple of credits I can transfer from another school and two papers.
By the way, what kind of job can you do if you get phd and pharmd dual degree? I mean besides retail pharmacist, hospital pharmacist, anything else?

Members don't see this ad.

Isnt it strange !!! We are never satisfied. I am doing something totally opposite to what you have done. I got my Ph.D. before becoming licensed Pharmacist. However, after doing basic pharmacology research for 10-12 years, I am now looking forward to become a full time Pharmacist after my NAPLEX/Law exam. This is because I realize that I need to make money too. Hopefully, there is something like a research pharmacist job out there.

One of my classmates went into a PhD program (I think outcomes research, or maybe public health) right after pharmacy school. It came as a suprise to all of us...

The kind of job you would get with PharmD/PhD would be greatly influenced by your PhD - do you have any idea, what concentration you would like for your program?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there anyone doing this in this forum?I am considering applying for PHD after my NAPLEX/LAW test next year.Any suggestion would be appreciated.
Besides, I had a couple of credits I can transfer from another school and two papers.
By the way, what kind of job can you do if you get phd and pharmd dual degree? I mean besides retail pharmacist, hospital pharmacist, anything else?

Depends on what it's in. You could do industry, academia, gov't ****, the theoretical list would be too long to list.

PhD pharmaceutical researchers don't earn as much as a retail pharmacist?