Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi SDN members,
I am currently a undergraduate student working on a degree in Biomedical Engineering (BME) at Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT). IIT's BME program offers a undergrad and PhD program together. As an undergrad student I am required to research for at least 3-4 semesters as a graduation requirement. So I have been able to work with the research faculty closely.
I am very interested in continuing my BME education at IIT in the PhD program because of research faculty and opportunities offered at IIT. However I would like to also attend medical school.
1. should I continue in BME with a PhD and then apply to Medical school after working on a PhD?
2. What are the advantages of working on a PhD before a MD degree instead of MD/PhD dual degree ?
3. Should I apply for a MD/PhD dual degree program instead of a PhD program then Medical degree?
( IIT does not have a dual degree program at the graduate level, only B.S. in BME and then MD)
Any advice or experience would be appreciated🙂!
Thank you,
soneymed
I am currently a undergraduate student working on a degree in Biomedical Engineering (BME) at Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT). IIT's BME program offers a undergrad and PhD program together. As an undergrad student I am required to research for at least 3-4 semesters as a graduation requirement. So I have been able to work with the research faculty closely.
I am very interested in continuing my BME education at IIT in the PhD program because of research faculty and opportunities offered at IIT. However I would like to also attend medical school.
1. should I continue in BME with a PhD and then apply to Medical school after working on a PhD?
2. What are the advantages of working on a PhD before a MD degree instead of MD/PhD dual degree ?
3. Should I apply for a MD/PhD dual degree program instead of a PhD program then Medical degree?
( IIT does not have a dual degree program at the graduate level, only B.S. in BME and then MD)
Any advice or experience would be appreciated🙂!
Thank you,
soneymed