PhD or PhD/PharmD combination, anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ALLNuclear

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just curious if anyone is going PhD route or PharmD/PhD route. MUSC offers this and it's seven years long; you still obtain your PharmD in 4. If I'd like to eventually teach at a university but still want the clinical experience, is this the route to go or is it unnecessarily long?
 
Just curious if anyone is going PhD route or PharmD/PhD route. MUSC offers this and it's seven years long; you still obtain your PharmD in 4. If I'd like to eventually teach at a university but still want the clinical experience, is this the route to go or is it unnecessarily long?


I am going, or want to go at least ! I am applying to pretty much all the schools that offer this program. 😉
 
I was considering, but I convinced myself that PharmD + fellowship is enough. Keep in mind that after your PhD to get a good job you'll still most likely do some sort of a postdoc.