phil med school vs. US student loans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lumpia

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
so going to medical school would pretty much mean i would have to postpone my current US student loans during undergrad - i called my lender and they said that i would need to send them an enrollment verification certificate and that the school would need a federal id.

i'm applying to
uermmmc (1st choice)
feu
ust
fatima (though i'm a little nervous about this one)

my question is ---- do these schools have federal IDs?
did any of you guys have to postpone your student loans under 'in-school deferment'? did you run into any problems?

Members don't see this ad.

so going to medical school would pretty much mean i would have to postpone my current us student loans during undergrad - i called my lender and they said that i would need to send them an enrollment verification certificate and that the school would need a federal id.

I'm applying to
uermmmc (1st choice)
feu
ust
fatima (though i'm a little nervous about this one)

my question is ---- do these schools have federal ids?
Did any of you guys have to postpone your student loans under 'in-school deferment'? Did you run into any problems?

fatima has a federal id.

delete mess.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
There are 5 schools in the Philippines that have US Title IV codes. 4 of these have medical schools and the 5th does not. I know the 4 med schools and will list them for you. The 5th school is a business school in Manila and I forget the name off the top of my head.

You can also find this out by going to the fafsa.gov website and fill out a fafsa and then when it asks for school code u click find school code and there is a drop down menu with every american state listed. In this list there is a choice that say foreign country. Choose that and you should be taken to a directory with every international college that has a US Title IV code. Its a pain to read them all but for med schools in Philippines here is what you got........sorry dont know the codes u have to look them up yourself........

1. (UST) University Santo Tomas--Manila
2. Angeles University Foundation--Angeles City
3. Silliman University--Dumaguete
4. Fatima--JUST DONT GO HERE!

NOT ONLY SHOULD U BE ABLE TO DEFER YOUR UNDERGRAD LOANS BUT YOU SHOULD ALSO BE ABLE TO TAKE OUT LOANS FOR MED SCHOOL FROM THE US GOVT AT THESE SCHOOLS!!!!!

There are 5 schools in the Philippines that have US Title IV codes. 4 of these have medical schools and the 5th does not. I know the 4 med schools and will list them for you. The 5th school is a business school in Manila and I forget the name off the top of my head.

You can also find this out by going to the fafsa.gov website and fill out a fafsa and then when it asks for school code u click find school code and there is a drop down menu with every american state listed. In this list there is a choice that say foreign country. Choose that and you should be taken to a directory with every international college that has a US Title IV code. Its a pain to read them all but for med schools in Philippines here is what you got........sorry dont know the codes u have to look them up yourself........

1. (UST) University Santo Tomas--Manila
2. Angeles University Foundation--Angeles City
3. Silliman University--Dumaguete
4. Fatima--JUST DONT GO HERE!

NOT ONLY SHOULD U BE ABLE TO DEFER YOUR UNDERGRAD LOANS BUT YOU SHOULD ALSO BE ABLE TO TAKE OUT LOANS FOR MED SCHOOL FROM THE US GOVT AT THESE SCHOOLS!!!!!

I'm pretty positive that none of these schools are currently Title IV with the exception of Fatima. Looks like UST hasn't renewed their federal code for the last two years. Unless I'm wrong, check this site for the list: http://ifap.ed.gov/ifap/fedSchoolCodeList.jsp

or you can search for the schools here:
http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/FOTWWebApp/FSLookupServlet

i'm current 2nd year, and i like it.

med school in the philippines is about which school can help you get to the US and take the USMLE.. i think Fatima has that.. plus you can borrow money from the US Gov't (which I'm doing) to go here.. whats not to like?

Every school has its pros and cons.. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

if you have any questions about Fatima/FAFSA.. PM me

I'm pretty positive that none of these schools are currently Title IV with the exception of Fatima. Looks like UST hasn't renewed their federal code for the last two years. Unless I'm wrong, check this site for the list: http://ifap.ed.gov/ifap/fedSchoolCodeList.jsp

or you can search for the schools here:
http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/FOTWWebApp/FSLookupServlet

hi every one !!

do cebu doctors university accept fafsa for dentistry ? please help !! i did not see in school code lists?
thanks

i'm current 2nd year, and i like it.

med school in the philippines is about which school can help you get to the US and take the USMLE.. i think Fatima has that.. plus you can borrow money from the US Gov't (which I'm doing) to go here.. whats not to like?

Every school has its pros and cons.. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

if you have any questions about Fatima/FAFSA.. PM me

hi ,
I'm applying for dental program on this sept, if you could help me, since your on fafsa , what should i do to get accept on that program ? it will be great if you know the realiable ph no or email of financial co ordinator so i can get some info.
thanks