Philadelphia or Boston?

Started by peehdee
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

peehdee

don't have one
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
okay guys,

does anyone have views/opinions on how the rad programs in philly are compared to boston ?

as in like how they rank up.
philly: u of penn, jefferson, temple, drexel, albert einstein
boston: beth isreal, boston u, Brigham and Women's, mass general, tufts

thanks
 
peehdee said:
okay guys,

does anyone have views/opinions on how the rad programs in philly are compared to boston ?

as in like how they rank up.
philly: u of penn, jefferson, temple, drexel, albert einstein
boston: beth isreal, boston u, Brigham and Women's, mass general, tufts

thanks


I think it's fairly obvious that the ones in Boston are better overall. Penn is great, but the rest are so so. Boston programs are all excellent or solid, from my understanding.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
peehdee said:
okay guys,

does anyone have views/opinions on how the rad programs in philly are compared to boston ?

as in like how they rank up.
philly: u of penn, jefferson, temple, drexel, albert einstein
boston: beth isreal, boston u, Brigham and Women's, mass general, tufts

thanks

My 2 cents:

1. Penn and MGH are there at the top. I would give a slight advantage to Penn considering there a few holes in the training program at MGH (such as IR or OB ultrasound).

2. Jefferson is actually a great training program and certainly not just so so. I would put it at or slightly below the level of Brigham and Women's.

3. Beth Israel.

4. Albert Einstein is one of the best community programs in the country.

5. Tufts.

6. BU and temple.

7. Drexel.
 
thanks for you 2 cents. but i think your 2 cents are more like 20000 cents compared to me.

🙂

Docxter said:
My 2 cents:

1. Penn and MGH are there at the top. I would give a slight advantage to Penn considering there a few holes in the training program at MGH (such as IR or OB ultrasound).

2. Jefferson is actually a great training program and certainly not just so so. I would put it at or slightly below the level of Brigham and Women's.

3. Beth Israel.

4. Albert Einstein is one of the best community programs in the country.

5. Tufts.

6. BU and temple.

7. Drexel.
 
My bad on Jefferson. I guess I was referring to the rest relative to Boston places.
 
Docxter said:
My 2 cents:

1. Penn and MGH are there at the top. I would give a slight advantage to Penn considering there a few holes in the training program at MGH (such as IR or OB ultrasound).

2. Jefferson is actually a great training program and certainly not just so so. I would put it at or slightly below the level of Brigham and Women's.

3. Beth Israel.

4. Albert Einstein is one of the best community programs in the country.

5. Tufts.

6. BU and temple.

7. Drexel.

A little off topic, but how would Mt Sinai measure up to Jefferson quality wise?
 
1) Penn/MGH (about equal)

2) Brigham

3) Jeff/BID

4) BU

5) Tufts

6) Alb Einstein PA

7) Temple

I wouldn't put Jeff above Brigham, but about at the level of BID which is pretty good. I think BID is more desirable because it's in Boston. Also, apparently from people who interviewed at both, some have been more impressed with BID. Overall, Boston schools are very competitive because of location. Also, from the faculty at Penn, BU is excellent - just cause it's 4th doesn't mean anything, it is a very good program.