Philippines School and NMAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kiterunner2012

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am new in the forum, I am preparing to apply for medicine in Philippines for 2012. There are over 30 schools and am finding it difficult to choose. I have read all threads in the archives, emailed the schools, and scoured their websites. Here s my list of the ones i would like to apply to
1. Cebu Doctors
2. St Louis
3. South Wester MHAMU
4. Davao
5.????Fatima

You will notice I dint pick any of the top schools, my biggest guiding factor is cost. I am only 26 from Kenya I dont have access to student loans so the cheaper the better for me. I have a budget of $25,000 (PHP 1 Million) for the whole course (books, living, tuition) ie for the 4 years

Would you guys please give me your opinion on these schools and most importantly how much they charge foreign students currently. I will appreciate if there are better suggestions out there

Finally is it practical to take NMAT in April then apply to enrol in June the same year or do I have to do it in December?
cheers

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
I am new in the forum, I am preparing to apply for medicine in Philippines for 2012. There are over 30 schools and am finding it difficult to choose. I have read all threads in the archives, emailed the schools, and scoured their websites. Here s my list of the ones i would like to apply to
1. Cebu Doctors
2. St Louis
3. South Wester MHAMU
4. Davao
5.????Fatima

You will notice I dint pick any of the top schools, my biggest guiding factor is cost. I am only 26 from Kenya I dont have access to student loans so the cheaper the better for me. I have a budget of $25,000 (PHP 1 Million) for the whole course (books, living, tuition) ie for the 4 years

Would you guys please give me your opinion on these schools and most importantly how much they charge foreign students currently. I will appreciate if there are better suggestions out there

Finally is it practical to take NMAT in April then apply to enrol in June the same year or do I have to do it in December?
cheers

You can take the NMAT in April and start in June at some/many schools.

Your budget of 1 million Php seems unrealistic. That budget won't suffice for most schools.

Immigration fees alone will cost 60,000 Php for 4 years.

You'll have to e-mail the schools for current prices but I think you're underestimating the total price.

I seem to remember CIM as being more affordable. Maybe somebody else here can add more info.

E-mail schools for exact details. Opinions have less value.

Hi everyone,
1. Cebu Doctors
2. St Louis
3. South Wester MHAMU
4. Davao
5.????Fatima

cheers

If you are talking about tuition, then yes your $25,000 will be enough. If you are including the cost of living, that would be a very small budget. I dont think that that is enough. You would need at least another $15,000 more in my opinion if you go to the cheap (P75,000 per semester) schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can take the NMAT in April and start in June at some/many schools.

Your budget of 1 million Php seems unrealistic. That budget won't suffice for most schools.

Immigration fees alone will cost 60,000 Php for 4 years.

You'll have to e-mail the schools for current prices but I think you're underestimating the total price.

I seem to remember CIM as being more affordable. Maybe somebody else here can add more info.

E-mail schools for exact details. Opinions have less value.

I agree with you, Saipan, that $25,000 is not enough. Even for CIM, $25,000 would not be enough in my opinion. Tuition is affordable but the cost of living like place to rent, utilities, food, transportation will be more expensive than the tuition.

hi..i'm from india. I'm planning to join davao .. 'm not a graduate. Does anyone know about accelerated bachelor degree programme? Is it offered at davao? Will an average student get nmat score enough to secure admission at davao?(is it too tough?)

Last edited: