Phillipines med school question(HELP)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wendell

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello i am interested in attending medical school in the phillipines, my wife is from there and i have spent alot of time there. I want to attent cebu doc or south west, does anyone know if you have to have a 4 year degreee or can you get in with out it> i have some of my science classes and wanted to finish them up in the philipines then take the nmat. I have over 6500 hours in a hospital emergency dept along with very strong letters of reccomendation. I am Also 33 if that matters or not.I have heard that you can "Make a donation to the school to help facilitate you entry" but i ,don't want to do that because then you didn't earn anything you just bought your way in. :eek:

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

wendell said:
Hello i am interested in attending medical school in the phillipines, my wife is from there and i have spent alot of time there. I want to attent cebu doc or south west, does anyone know if you have to have a 4 year degreee or can you get in with out it> i have some of my science classes and wanted to finish them up in the philipines then take the nmat. I have over 6500 hours in a hospital emergency dept along with very strong letters of reccomendation. I am Also 33 if that matters or not.I have heard that you can "Make a donation to the school to help facilitate you entry" but i ,don't want to do that because then you didn't earn anything you just bought your way in. :eek:

Thanks
Hi Wendell,
I can assure you that the donation is not a means for bribery. You MUST get accepted first BEFORE you pay the donation. It is basically a foreign fee. Anyway, check with schools cause some have an age requirement

phlipsquad said:
Hi Wendell,
I can assure you that the donation is not a means for bribery. You MUST get accepted first BEFORE you pay the donation. It is basically a foreign fee. Anyway, check with schools cause some have an age requirement

-yup! philsquad is right! it doesn't mean that if you pay the donation fee, you'll have no probems getting in.. you have to tkae the nmat first and complete their requirements. and the bad thing is, it's going to take you ages just to complete the requirements. coz of the slow processing in the phil.. for the age, i think some schools have an age limit of 35! but still try to check with them! God bless!

Members don't see this ad :)
You need to be a graduate of a four year program to get into a Filipino med school. You can apply and take the NMAT but you need to finish your undergraduate degree before you can be accepted and start at med school.

it is a REQUIREMENT to finish a 4 yr science degree course before you enter medical school. plus you have to make sure that you completed the # of units required. and of course, NMAT.

when i applied way back 2002, 35 was the max age requirement. i'm not sure if it has changed over the years.