Philosophy articles for Verbal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rayden001

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have suggestions for philosophical magazines or journals I can subscribe to? I typically find it very difficult assimilating and deciphering philosophy passages especially those with Aristotle:scared:. I would like to start reading those forms of articles to get comfortable with them.

Members don't see this ad.

I imagine you are in school currently. If so, you should be able to go to your library and find any number of philosophical journals.

A really solid philosophy book is Moral Issues in Global Perspective, editor: Christine Koggel. This is the best collection of ethics essays out there. It is very interesting and covers some topics that would be relevant for pre-meds. Another important aspect is that it also exposes you to numerous writing styles since every article is written by a different person. The people range from Kant to Nussbaum making it very diverse. You can get it for very cheap used from amazon (there's even a person selling it for 97 cents.

A good Aristotle book would be Nicomachean Ethics. If it matters at all, this is coming from a philosophy student.

There is also philosophical acid trip that is Zhuangzi.

In general, I'd say most philosophy isn't tough to understand, people just get confused by all the terms philosophers make up and how they use different definitions for particular words.