Phn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

taramiller27

New Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know of good resources for finding out career options for a public health nurse?? I am currently a case manager and really enjoy the one-on-one. I feel I'd like to follow my patients for extended periods of time....is this possible with an RN?
 
Have you considered hospice? You generally get to follow pts. for a few months, really get to develop a relationship with the pt. and family.

Your state dept. of health should have a listing of jobs openings for public health nurses...I'm geting the feel from your question that you may be looking for home health nursing, though, not specifically public health nursing.