Phoenix Children's Hospital peds residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jujukat

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I am an osteopathic student who is considering Phoenix Children's Hospital for my peds residency. I was wondering if any DOs rotated there or interviewed there and whether you thought they are DO friendly there or not?

Also just generally has anyone heard anything about the program? and what do you think about the area, and have you heard anything negative about the program?
I got a very good feeling when I interviewed there but you never know!

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I was also very impressed with Phoenix childrens when I interviewed, I especially liked the 2 hospital system. I am highly considering PCH, but my one of my concerns is the current financial situation of the hospital, does anyone know details?

I know that one of my school's pedi urologists is going there this summer. He's very excited about the hospital and likes it quite a bit.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was really impressed during my interview. We got to go on rounds which was informative and fun and the residents seemed great. The Children's Hospital is really nice and the community hospital is a great way to learn a lot of bread and butter peds. They did tell me that 50 % of their patients at the community hospital were Spanish speaking only so speaking Spanish would be a big bonus. I don't know anything about the financial situation though.

Phx Children's has had it's shares of financial worries. The last time they were bailed out by the Samaritan medical system (which is now ownedby Banner). I don't think the finanical issues will ever close the hospital as it is the only freestanding children's hospital in the state. I wouldn't let it impact your decision on where you want to go. It's a good program if you fit well with it. I think the director does a great job of working with the interns to get them to be happy. (They have meetings practically every month with her to discuss issues.)

Oh - and the food at PCH is awesome. Really awesome.