phone calls from PDs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Crimson&Clover

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
if i haven't gotten any phone calls from PDs, does it mean no program ranked me in their top 5-10 candidates?? for those that have already gone thru the match, any input would be appreciated. :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by Crimson&Clover
if i haven't gotten any phone calls from PDs, does it mean no program ranked me in their top 5-10 candidates?? for those that have already gone thru the match, any input would be appreciated. :confused:

it could be...
or it could be that they're waiting for you to make the first move...
or maybe they don't call anybody...
or they haven't finalized their list since the deadline is this week...
or it could be that they called people and inadvertently looked over your name...

who knows why.

i suggest if you're interested in a program that you drop off a quick email or a phone call expressing your interest, that will give you a little piece of mind that it's not due to "Crimson&CLover Factor".

and just a friendly reminder: DON'T RANK ANY PLACE YOU DO NOT WANT TO GO TO. If you match, that's where you're going. if you don't want to be there, then don't rank so that you can't match there.

good luck.

1 phone call so far, from my 5th ranked program--the call didn't change a thing on my list. A couple of emails---this has actually been the primary mode of communication for me---I send letters, they send emails, go figure.