Phone calls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stronghold

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If there is an attending willing to support me and call on my behalf. When is the best time to use this card? Before interviews to secure interviews at programs I am interested in? Immediately after interviewing at programs of interest? During early feb before finalizing the rank order list?
I am applying next year

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you don't get an interview on the merits of your application, getting one because of a phone call doesn't really improve your chances of matching there, because the program is clearly not that interested in you to begin with.

Wait until you're making your rank list in February. That's when you'll know where you'd like to end up, and you can use the phone call to hopefully make that happen.

Wait until you're making your rank list in February. That's when you'll know where you'd like to end up, and you can use the phone call to hopefully make that happen.

And by February you mean...TWO Februaries from now.

OP - take a chill pill and hope that this attending remembers your name 18 months from now, much less makes a phone call for you.

Thanks guys. Actually, he will remember me forever. I have been working with him since undergraduate!