Phone Calls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

odoreater

Cybernetic Ghost
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any of you getting phone calls from PD/Residents at programs?

How does one respond to it if one is not interested in the programs that are calling?

Members don't see this ad.

odoreater said:
Any of you getting phone calls from PD/Residents at programs?

How does one respond to it if one is not interested in the programs that are calling?

Have received one such phone call. I would have to think, as one is looking for a job and is basically playing the lotto with the match, that you have to be positive and enthusiastic. Who knows, in the end that may be the only place that wants you. However, if someone is pimping you to say you will rank them #1 or they have ranked you as such, that sounds fishy.

Anyway, my two cents...
good luck

i just pretended to be totally interested in their program. i figured if they were going to give me a call, might as well fake it like during my interview. i'm not sure how convincing i was though...:D

Members don't see this ad :)
hi-

i've received a few of these calls this week, with messages left on my voicemail. my question is, if I haven't even ranked these programs should i still return the calls? i feel like it would be a very awkward converstion...

also, most often, the message ends with something like: "so, if you have any further questions about us, just give me a call."

i don't want to be rude, but i also don't want to put someone on...

jonahhelix said:
hi-

i've received a few of these calls this week, with messages left on my voicemail. my question is, if I haven't even ranked these programs should i still return the calls? i feel like it would be a very awkward converstion...

also, most often, the message ends with something like: "so, if you have any further questions about us, just give me a call."

i don't want to be rude, but i also don't want to put someone on...

just send them a polite email thanking them for the phone call. i think that works.