Phone interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

GamecockPharmD

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, I've got a phone interview with Walmart for a PIC position. I really don't want to screw this up because I'm working in a hellish environment right now. Any pointers to improve my chances? Has anyone worked with Walmart before? What kind of questions do they ask?
 
Hey guys, I've got a phone interview with Walmart for a PIC position. I really don't want to screw this up because I'm working in a hellish environment right now. Any pointers to improve my chances? Has anyone worked with Walmart before? What kind of questions do they ask?

Phone interview? I don't get the point of those. You lose a lot of opportunity to look good and they lose a lot of opportunity to gauge social skills. Could you arrange an in-person interview, or is that not an option?

Then again, pharmacists spend a large portion of the day on the phone...
 
phone interviews are hit or miss

keep your answers short and to the point. no offense, i dont see how a walmart position could be better than your current situation, those stores do a lot of rx and have to put up with harsh customers
 
I had a phone interview with them for staff the other week and was totally taken off guard. My friends who worked for them said they had questions like "why walmart" "your strengths/weakness" "one situational question" "why pharmacy" "why choose you over others" but... Totally different for me. It was 4 competency questions. I wrote down the categories " judgement, customer-centered, execution and results, managing operations". Hope this helps good luck!