Phorcas issue

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CephaloSCORIN’

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone! Is anyone else having issues with submitting their phorcas applications for phase II? I was on the site at 8 am ready to submit and it wasn’t working. Called phorcas to ask them about it and they let me know that it’s an issue with my account but that other people are having the same problem so their support staff is working on fixing it. Could take a few business days apparently. Is anyone on here having the same problem or is phorcas just trying to make me feel better?

Members don't see this ad.

it's been ok. It's really slow for sure at times but I had no problem submitting. Maybe try restarting your computer?

hi everyone! Is anyone else having issues with submitting their phorcas applications for phase II? I was on the site at 8 am ready to submit and it wasn’t working. Called phorcas to ask them about it and they let me know that it’s an issue with my account but that other people are having the same problem so their support staff is working on fixing it. Could take a few business days apparently. Is anyone on here having the same problem or is phorcas just trying to make me feel better?

How was it not working? Was it just not allowing you to pay?
I paid a couple hours ago and everything seemed to go through fine.. as far as I know lol

Members don't see this ad :)
How was it not working? Was it just not allowing you to pay?
I paid a couple hours ago and everything seemed to go through fine.. as far as I know lol
There’s no button to esubmit. I talked with phorcas and they said its a technical issue on their end that I can’t do anything to fix. I’m so annoyed about it and they keep telling me it’s high priority for them right now as apparently other people are having the same issue. I just feel like my chances of interviews etc. are shot

There’s no button to esubmit. I talked with phorcas and they said its a technical issue on their end that I can’t do anything to fix. I’m so annoyed about it and they keep telling me it’s high priority for them right now as apparently other people are having the same issue. I just feel like my chances of interviews etc. are shot

Whoa, I didn't even realize there is supposed to be an e-submit button. I assumed since I already clicked the e-submit button during phase I that any program I added from now on would be submitted automatically as soon as I paid. Is that not the case?

Did you get a confirmation email ?

No I did not. But I also did not get a confirmation e-mail the first time I submitted during phase I.. Did you??

so are you saying that there isn't any button for you to pay ?

Whoa, I didn't even realize there is supposed to be an e-submit button. I assumed since I already clicked the e-submit button during phase I that any program I added from now on would be submitted automatically as soon as I paid. Is that not the case?

No I did not. But I also did not get a confirmation e-mail the first time I submitted during phase I.. Did you??[/QUOTE

I got an confirmation email when I applied for phase I but not for phase II as of yet

so are you saying that there isn't any button for you to pay ?
Yes that’s what I mean. Sorry for the confusion everyone. When I talked to phorcas they asked me if there was an esubmit button and I didn’t have one so I assumed that was the issue. But regardless, there is no button to pay so I am unable to submit until phorcas solves whatever is wrong on their end.

I had no issues with submitting, and definitely no problems with them taking my payment lol. I did have two programs email me asking for application materials directly because of the PhorCAS issues however

I had no issues with submitting, and definitely no problems with them taking my payment lol. I did have two programs email me asking for application materials directly because of the PhorCAS issues however
Do you think it’s worth emailing every program to make sure they got our applications ?

Reactions: 1 user
Yes that’s what I mean. Sorry for the confusion everyone. When I talked to phorcas they asked me if there was an esubmit button and I didn’t have one so I assumed that was the issue. But regardless, there is no button to pay so I am unable to submit until phorcas solves whatever is wrong on their end.

sorry to hear that. I will just contact the program and explain the situation. Try to see if you can just email your applications(cv and letter of intent) to them

I had a problem as well where it wasn't allowing me to pay bc my application was incomplete... even though it was. I think one of my apps from phase I is messing me up bc thats showing up incomplete as well.

I emailed 2 programs my CV and LOI and one of them responded saying that other ppl have been having similar problems.

Cant believe we pay so much for phorcas and it's such a ****ty service. I had problems in phase I as well

I had a problem as well where it wasn't allowing me to pay bc my application was incomplete... even though it was. I think one of my apps from phase I is messing me up bc thats showing up incomplete as well.

I emailed 2 programs my CV and LOI and one of them responded saying that other ppl have been having similar problems.

Cant believe we pay so much for phorcas and it's such a ****ty service. I had problems in phase I as well
Thanks so much for letting me know! I’m sorry that you’re having problems as well. And I completely agree. When I was on the phone with phorcas they seemed almost confused why not being able to submit my applications was an bothering me. I’ve also emailed programs but haven’t heard anything back yet. So stressful

I am really sorry to hear you guys are having problems with phorcas, it is really horrible. With that said, I will contact RPD'S and email them CV's and or LOI. People are already getting interview invites even though phorcas deadlines for programs are April 4th...I think. A friend of mine already has interviews lined up and she contacted programs on Tuesday when the list was posted. So reach out to those RPD'S and let them know what is happening. This is a first come first serve basis now..so get in there.

I am really sorry to hear you guys are having problems with phorcas, it is really horrible. With that said, I will contact RPD'S and email them CV's and or LOI. People are already getting interview invites even though phorcas deadlines for programs are April 4th...I think. A friend of mine already has interviews lined up and she contacted programs on Tuesday when the list was posted. So reach out to those RPD'S and let them know what is happening. This is a first come first serve basis now..so get in there.
Hi thanks for the message! Yes I’ve reached out to programs and the directors that have responded have more or less indicated that this is the first they are hearing of phorcas technical issues. From the above messages it seems like some programs are aware that at least a small percentage of applicants are unable to submit applications due to problems with phorcas, but from the emails I’ve received from directors it seems like maybe the programs that are aware of issues with phorcas are only aware because of applicants telling them directly not because phorcas has let anyone know. Can any RPDs or people associated with the selection process confirm or deny this? Has anyone heard directly from phorcas? I know me thinking that phorcas would even do that might sound absurd but as the message above indicates, this is first come first serve and I am essentially out of the running even though I was ready to submit as soon as phorcas opened. I am just wondering if phorcas has done anything to help these applicant out or if they’ve essentially just jeopardized my future and don’t really care. One of my programs has a deadline of tomorrow and although I’ve reached out to the RPD with my cv and LOI I’m not naive enough to think that I even stand a chance without submitting my official phorcas application. And even then, I’m already so far behind other applicants that it seems like it’s a lost cause to even submit.

Hi thanks for the message! Yes I’ve reached out to programs and the directors that have responded have more or less indicated that this is the first they are hearing of phorcas technical issues. From the above messages it seems like some programs are aware that at least a small percentage of applicants are unable to submit applications due to problems with phorcas, but from the emails I’ve received from directors it seems like maybe the programs that are aware of issues with phorcas are only aware because of applicants telling them directly not because phorcas has let anyone know. Can any RPDs or people associated with the selection process confirm or deny this? Has anyone heard directly from phorcas? I know me thinking that phorcas would even do that might sound absurd but as the message above indicates, this is first come first serve and I am essentially out of the running even though I was ready to submit as soon as phorcas opened. I am just wondering if phorcas has done anything to help these applicant out or if they’ve essentially just jeopardized my future and don’t really care. One of my programs has a deadline of tomorrow and although I’ve reached out to the RPD with my cv and LOI I’m not naive enough to think that I even stand a chance without submitting my official phorcas application. And even then, I’m already so far behind other applicants that it seems like it’s a lost cause to even submit.
On Friday around 5p EST, Phorcas told me that the issue was resolved where applicants were submitting but programs could not see them turn complete. The backlog of processing should have lasted no later than Friday night.
Almost every year has some very small population of applicants having technical issues.