photographic memory

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mchang521

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
so I have photographic memory and I think it totally sucks :(:(

I have a lot of PCAT study materials and I never wrote on them. I use a separate sheet of paper for all my calculations and answers so the books are completely clean. but because of my photographic memory, everytime I check my answers, I just end up memorizing the answers....so when I take the test again, I already remember the answers and it's hard for me to tell myself to forget the answers....I'm afraid it'll hurt me on the PCAT because I don't know if I'm actually understanding the materials =(( help!!:confused::confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I would say use a new practice test and see which ones you have wrong. For the questions you have wrong find out what and why it was the answer. Rather than go back to the same test use another test (most companies will have similar questions or revolve around similar concepts). See if you have similar set of questions wrong on 1st and 2nd tests. This will tell you if you are understanding the concepts a certain concept or not.

Also, if you run out of practice exams you have at home just park yourself at a library or a bookstore that has PCAT study guides you do not own run through those tests. Hope that helps. Good Luck.

Last edited:
I hesitate to feed your 5-threads-a-day habit. But why don't you cover the answers before you work through the problem. Then see if your worked-out solution matches the answers.

Otherwise if your brain is just "too awesome to handle" you can read the Kaplan book once and have everything memorized, so you won't even need practice tests.

You're supposed to remember how to do problems once you see them. That's the point.