Phys & Cal.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

colt

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a few questions, some being:

Physics, do you need calculus based or algebraic? Is either more advantageous?

Which schools require calculus? I've heard two; I tried to search, but couldn't find anything.

:cool: :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

no school requires calculus based physics. It might look good if you take it, but it will be more work.

colt said:
I have a few questions, some being:

Physics, do you need calculus based or algebraic? Is either more advantageous?

Which schools require calculus? I've heard two; I tried to search, but couldn't find anything.

:cool: :cool:

Either will do. I've been told that calc based physics is a bit easier than trig based (calculus was designed as the mathematical vocabulary of physics, afterall) if that makes a difference. Harvard is the only school that comes to mind that requires calculus, although there might be a couple more that I'm not aware of.

Members don't see this ad :)
I asked at several schools in the Dallas area (UT-Arlington, UT-Dallas, U. North Texas) which Physics courses I should take for Pre-Med / Pre-Dent / Pre-Vet. They gave me the Physics Course Numbers and then I looked in the course descriptions in the respective school catalogs. I found out that all Physics course numbers they gave me are algebra based. Physics courses for Math / Engineering majors have different course numbers than those for Biological Sciences.

Hope it helps.

Cheers. :)

Pelotari said:
I asked at several schools in the Dallas area (UT-Arlington, UT-Dallas, U. North Texas) which Physics courses I should take for Pre-Med / Pre-Dent / Pre-Vet. They gave me the Physics Course Numbers and then I looked in the course descriptions in the respective school catalogs. I found out that all Physics course numbers they gave me are algebra based. Physics courses for Math / Engineering majors have different course numbers than those for Biological Sciences.

Hope it helps.

Cheers. :)

Some ppl take stat instead of calc......