Phys II, Bio II, Orgo II + MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

businessguy

That's gold Jerry, Gold!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Should I do this next year? Or should I spend an extra year just to lighten the course load... I mean with these exams I'll probably only have a month to study.. but then again, the information will be fresh and I can always retake in August.

What do you think?

Members don't see this ad.

businessguy said:

Should I do this next year? Or should I spend an extra year just to lighten the course load... I mean with these exams I'll probably only have a month to study.. but then again, the information will be fresh and I can always retake in August.

What do you think?
I did similar...except P.Chem II instead of Orgo II. If you just review a little bit every day...starting now, you'll be fine. Just remember to take a crapload of practice tests. THAT is the key

i think that is extremely ambitious...
especially since you want to make all A's in each class

Members don't see this ad :)
i think that is extremely ambitious...
especially since you want to make all A's in each class
i would personally not do that...

I would take an extra year to lighten up the course load...that way you can use that year to build your resume/app even more.

businessguy said:

What do you think?

Why not do Orgo and Bio and Spring and then Phys and MCAT in the summer. Taking it all together would be too much+you want to enjoy your life a bit also.

Hey, I've done Cal II (B) , Bio II (A) , Biolab II (A) , ChemLabII (A) and Org I (B+) + Brit Lit (A) + Volleyball (A) + part-time job + volunteering weekly.
I'm still alive.
Last semester I did Genetics (A) , Genetics Lab (A) , Orgo II (stupid C+), Orgo Lab (A), physics I (A) and lab (A), and world religions (A). + work + volunteering + NSCS
It's definetely possible, but not if you're not used to it. I know ppl who never take more than two sciences at a time, and they don't even have a job. It makes me mad.
If you think you can do it, go for it. :love:

I agree it's definitely possible. In my MCAT semester, I took cell/genetics lab, neurobiology, calc 2, medical ethics, physics 2, research, issues in life science, and was a tutor and TA. I would lighten the courseload that semester by adding a fun class, to bring you up to full time status (health science course? psychology course? gym class? dance class? theatre? ) G'luck!

Last semester I took General chem 1 (A), Philosophy (A), Anatomy (A), Tennis (A), and research (A). At the same time I worked about 25 hours a week at one hospital and about 15 at another, while also shadowing a doctor on thursdays.

So if you have a history of doing well with a lot of classes then I figure why not, but you can't downplay the MCAT, it is so important and so are making A's in all those classes. I am in fact going the 5 year route myself so I would suggest that. When you're 65 and look back you won't go damn I lost a year, you'll probably think, I'm damn glad I spent an extra year in college goofing around and not ****ing working.