phys

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

streetdoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone else finding physiology slow going? it was my best subject first year, but i think i forgot all the details. i've been thru BRS and am planning on hitting first aid for the "memorize all of this" stuff. does anyone know if that will be adequate? how important are some of this little things in BRS??? :confused:
thanks for any feedback,
streetdoc

Members don't see this ad.

i just took the test on saturday, and the test i had, had tons of physio, more physio than any other subject. first aid is not enough. i would know brs, but doing practice questions is the best way to prepare for physio in my opinion.

I'm plowing through BRS phys at the moment-- I can't believe how much stuff I've forgotten since last year. Where did it all go?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wrigleyville said:
I'm plowing through BRS phys at the moment-- I can't believe how much stuff I've forgotten since last year. Where did it all go?

this is my 4th full day on phys...that's all i had set aside. do you think there is one part that is more impt. than the others. i mean, the first two chapters of BRS are a mix of pharm/neuro. should i concentrat on the CV-endo chapters?
and how much calculation did you have to do? ahhh a bit freaked at the moment.
thanks
streetdoc

I've given myself 4 days for physiology as well. I studied the first couple of sections, but you're right, they're covered in other places as well. I'm going to focus on digestive/endocrine, since those are my weak spots. I'm just trying to do as many questions as possible at this point.

Wrigleyville said:
I've given myself 4 days for physiology as well. I studied the first couple of sections, but you're right, they're covered in other places as well. I'm going to focus on digestive/endocrine, since those are my weak spots. I'm just trying to do as many questions as possible at this point.

hey if you like questions, have you gotten the appleton and lange USMLE book? i just did a few phys questions out of that...humbling...
keep your head up! we shall overcome!

Linus2807 said:
i just took the test on saturday, and the test i had, had tons of physio, more physio than any other subject. first aid is not enough. i would know brs, but doing practice questions is the best way to prepare for physio in my opinion.

What are some good resources for Physio questions?

what's the rough ranking of most imporant organs in phys: endocrine > kidney > heart > lung > GI > sk mm > fluids > .... ? any thoughts/opinions?