• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

physical diagnosis ..

About the Ads

medgirl20

10+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2005
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
    leorl said:
    Pocket Talley & O'connor. The regular one takes too long to read and is dry as a bone. Use it for reference. I also like the pocket ones that have color pictures of exam technique.

I really like big Talley & O' Connor I guess different things work for different people

Sage880

10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Jun 7, 2004
    Canada
    1. Resident [Any Field]
      leorl said:
      Pocket Talley & O'connor. The regular one takes too long to read and is dry as a bone.
      ????? Really?

It's not that long at all and it's well written and interesting. After you've finished it the pocket one will do you but as far as textbooks go I think it's one of the least dry I've used.

Zazoo

10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      May 30, 2005
        here a couple of the ones we've been recommended (there are others, but can't remember their names of the top of my head). they always recommend several, and leave us to take the pick of our personal favourite. hope that helps.
        but whichever book you choose, the real key to a good clinical examination is
        1) read up on it
        2) carry out clinical examination in front of someone who knows how its meant to be done
        3)feedback!!!
        4) practice, practice, and.... practice.
        enjoy!

Macleod's Clinical Examination
        http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0443074046/ref=br_lf_b_0/202-0251371-4313435

Clinical Examination (Epstein)
        http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0723432295/ref=br_lf_b_5/202-0251371-4313435

Hutchinson's Clinical Methods
        http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...8335/sr=1-6/ref=sr_1_10_6/202-0251371-4313435

leorl

Moderator Emeritus
        10+ Year Member
        15+ Year Member
        Jan 2, 2001
        messymedic.blogspot.com
        1. Attending Physician
          Sage880 said:
          ????? Really?

It's not that long at all and it's well written and interesting. After you've finished it the pocket one will do you but as far as textbooks go I think it's one of the least dry I've used.

Yea but i have ADD :). self-diagnosed of course. I think it's the best one, it's just that I wouldn't find it particularly engaging.

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.