Physical Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bp2313

Yummy
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's only been one week of pharmacy school but I can tell that I'm struggling with the class Physical Pharmacy. Our text book is Fasttrack Physical Pharmacy by David Attwood and Alexander Florence. Anyone has taken this class before? And any other books you recommend? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Pharmaceutics and Compounding: once done, delete from brain.

I am assuming this class is very similar to what we called dosage forms. Does it deal with formulations and dosage forms? I wouldn't say to purge it, but it is definitely a straight memorization type class.

Members don't see this ad :)
Was really just memorization, or if you've ever set foot in a pharmacy before, things that are basic facts. Suspension vs. solution, tablets vs. capsules, ointments vs. creams, etc. Super easy class to me, but for some reason some people seemed to struggle with it.

Was really just memorization, or if you've ever set foot in a pharmacy before, things that are basic facts. Suspension vs. solution, tablets vs. capsules, ointments vs. creams, etc. Super easy class to me, but for some reason some people seemed to struggle with it.

No, it isnt like that. It's about crystals, Miller indices, solubility, pH... Our class is struggling with it right now because the professor isn't doing a very good job at explaining and the text book is just too condensed. :(

No, it isnt like that. It's about crystals, Miller indices, solubility, pH... Our class is struggling with it right now because the professor isn't doing a very good job at explaining and the text book is just too condensed. :(

So this would be more medicinal chemistry maybe? If you don't have a good background in organic it is going to be tuff, but keep your head in it, you will do fine. Remember Henderson-Hasslebach is your friend.

Yes, the course covered those things too. I didn't bother mentioning those because that wasn't new material for the course, we had to take all of that in undergrad.

So this would be more medicinal chemistry maybe? If you don't have a good background in organic it is going to be tuff, but keep your head in it, you will do fine. Remember Henderson-Hasslebach is your friend.
already? oh boy, med chem is just on my 2nd semester.