Physical Sciences 50:50 Split?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dapmp91

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys, what is the approximate ratio of Gen Chem questions to Physics questions on the MCAT. Is there more gen chem or physics on the physical sciences section of the MCAT?

Members don't see this ad.

depends on the test, but on average 50-50, my test was pretty disproportionate

i've read on posts here that some people once had a 6:1 physics to chem passage ratio

wtf eh? i know!

Members don't see this ad :)
so if I get all the physics questions right (hypothetical situation) I should get at least a 6 (approximately)

so if I get all the physics questions right (hypothetical situation) I should get at least a 6 (approximately)

that's just a stupid way to look at it honestly, but you're reasoning is more or less sound i suppose.

my apologies, i just don't think trying to ace the physics and abandoning the inorganic chemistry is the best way to approach the PS (not that i assumed that you were going to do that), but no point in even looking at doing that hypothetically unless you are also taking a physics GRE or something :p

Who cares what the split is? Study it all. Stop being lazy.

If you don't have anything nice to say, please don't comment. The forums are for people who have respect for themselves and others, and you clearly don't have either.

Mine seemed biased towards Chemistry, I would say 70 Chem - 30 Phys. (7/30 MCAT).

Mine seemed biased towards Chemistry, I would say 70 Chem - 30 Phys. (7/30 MCAT).

That seems a little out of proportion. I would venture to say some test dates are heavily geared towards chemistry and other test dates are more heavily geared towards physics. With that said, the best way to do well on the physical sciences is to study both, and expect a 60:40 split going either way for physics or gen chem.