Physical therapy abroad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jajajaaames

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'll be entering physical therapy school in the fall. Looking ahead to after I graduate and exploring all my options I was wondering how PT works as a career overseas, specifically western Europe or even South America. Living abroad for a couple years before settling down back in the states is not out of the question...so how does physical therapy (and the DPT degree) translate as a career internationally? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
 
I'm also interested in a career overseas. I've been trying to find out more info on the subject. I'll get back to you when and if I get any.
 
I have also been wondering about this. My interest on the subject relates directly to Turkey. Anyone have any information on PT in this country? I know that there are a very small amount of schools there, so there's probably not a lot of job opportunity since the profession isn't well established yet. My husband and I will be traveling to Turkey at least once a year for a month after I graduate. I would love to get my hands in there (literally), especially if the profession is not well known there. I just don't know where to begin...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have also been wondering about this. My interest on the subject relates directly to Turkey. Anyone have any information on PT in this country? I know that there are a very small amount of schools there, so there's probably not a lot of job opportunity since the profession isn't well established yet. My husband and I will be traveling to Turkey at least once a year for a month after I graduate. I would love to get my hands in there (literally), especially if the profession is not well known there. I just don't know where to begin...

Here is some info.

View attachment Turkish Physiotherapy Association.pdf
 
I have also been wondering about this. My interest on the subject relates directly to Turkey. Anyone have any information on PT in this country? I know that there are a very small amount of schools there, so there's probably not a lot of job opportunity since the profession isn't well established yet. My husband and I will be traveling to Turkey at least once a year for a month after I graduate. I would love to get my hands in there (literally), especially if the profession is not well known there. I just don't know where to begin...

Very interesting... Why Turkey though? IF you can find out some more info Turkey, please let me know. I am interested as well... 🙂
 
I have family there! I'm going back this summer, so I'll call some schools and the Physiotherapy Association while I'm there. If I am able to get some info I'll let you know.🙂
 
I have family there! I'm going back this summer, so I'll call some schools and the Physiotherapy Association while I'm there. If I am able to get some info I'll let you know.🙂

Oh nice. Thank you. I look forward to hearing from you.