Physical Therapy DPT Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JSJ21

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Need some advice...I would love to pursue a career in physical therapy. I am signed up to take prerequisite courses for the summer--I hope to be done with my prereq's by the end of Spring 2012. I am going to have A LOT on my plate, but this has always been an interest of mine and I am completely unhappy with my current situation. I have a BS degree and graduated with a high GPA. I know I can pull a's or b's in my prerequisite courses, but I don't want to work my tail off and waste money if I have no chance in getting into a physical therapy DPT program upon completion of these required courses....I am interested in the 4 year flex program at Nova Southeastern Univ. in Tampa. Would love some advice...any advice really considering I don't have many of my prerequisite courses done.

Members don't see this ad.

It's good you have a high GPA and are confident you'll make mostly A's and a couple of B's for your prereq's. I would def. start shadowing early so you can get three different settings in. As far as applying, I would def. choose a minimum of five schools you could see yourself going to. It's very competitive...there are many programs which accept a class of 30 out of 400 applicants...not to scare you, but definitely keep those grades up and research different schools you would probably be willing to move to if accepted out of state.

Best of luck, you can do it!

Also, I hope the Nova hybrid program in Tampa is accredited by the time your entering class begins...make sure you check up on that!